Eggless Jam drops are one of the easiest cookies which you can bake. Oven fresh yummy strawberry/cherry jam filled biscuits are simply yum. They are just what you need when you want a pick me up.Hence,whether you like to enjoy biscuits with tea/coffee or just as a snack,they are your best bet.They just melt away after crispy crunch.For those who are unfamiliar with them,jim jam will ring a bell.So eat make merry and enjoy!
Best part about this recipe -no preservatives of the market made biscuits.
No additives or coloring agents,no caking agents !
Alternatively you can use any market based fruit jam also.
Also,you may use any homemade jam.
You can make many batches with different flavors.You can use lemon,mixed berries or just strawberry or raspberry whatever is available.
Serve it to a huge gathering of hungry kids or just at a kitty party with some tea.Who says we all do not have a kid in us?
Read the eggless jam drops recipe:
Eggless Jam Drops
- 250 gram strawberry or de-seeded cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the cookies:
- ½ cup soft butter or melted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour/atta
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the strawberry/cherry jam:
- Slice the cherry or berries into half,add sugar to it.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and keep it aside for 6-8 hours.
- In a pan heat the mix for 20 minutes on low flame or until it dries to make a jam.
- Let it cool and process it in a food processor.
For the cookies:
- Mix all the ingredients and knead them in a dough.
- Roll them into 1 cm thick base on a dusted flour surface.
- Cut them into desired shape using cookie cutter.
- Press in the center with a thumb to make space for the strawberry jam.
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- Fill strawberry jam in the center of the cookies.
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 150-160 degree celsius.
- Store in an air-tight jar once cooled.
Just some heavenly smell in your kitchen and as a result,loads of compliments from your loved ones.
May be all you need after a long week at work!
Click here for more cookies and cakes.
Also,Click here to have a look of all our videos.