Eggless Jam drops biscuits are one of the easiest cookies which you can bake. Oven fresh yummy strawberry/cherry jam filled biscuits are simply yum. They are just what you need when you want a pick me up. Hence, whether you like to enjoy biscuits with tea/coffee or just as a snack, they are your best bet. They just melt away after crispy crunch. For those who are unfamiliar with them, jim jam will ring a bell. So eat make merry and enjoy!
Best part about this recipe -no preservatives of the market made biscuits. No additives or coloring agents, no caking agents !
Alternatively you can use any market based fruit jam also. Also, you may use any homemade jam.
You can make many batches with different flavors. You can use lemon, mixed berries or just strawberry or raspberry whatever is available. Serve it to a huge gathering of hungry kids or just at a kitty party with some tea. Who says we all do not have a kid in us?
Is Eggless Jam drops biscuits same as thumbprint cookies ?
Thumbprint cookies do not involve rolling the dough instead it is just taking a portion of dough and pressing with your thumb, hence the name. However you can do the same with the below ingredients in this recipe.
How to make the cherry jam/filling ?
1.Soak the pitted cherries with some strawberries in sugar for 4-6 hours
2. Cook them on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
3.Puree the jam mix and sieve it to get a smooth jam, leave it aside to cool.
- For Homemade Strawberry/cherry jam (or use store bought preserve)
- strawberry or de-seeded cherries
- For the cookies:
- wholewheat flour
- soft butter or melted butter at room temperature refer notes to make cookies with less butter
- powdered sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- Stand mixer
- Cling film
- Baking paper / parchment paper
- Oven or air fryer
How to make no egg jam drops biscuits ?
1.Sieve the flour with baking soda,baking powder, salt & powdered sugar
2. Add melted butter to the mix
3.Knead into a semi hard dough with cold milk
4. Wrap the dough in a cling firm and move it into the fridge to rest for 1 hour.
5. Roll it into a 1 cm thick biscuit base.Use a cookie cutter to cut into round shapes and place on baking sheet
6.Use the back of the spoon/thumb to press from the center
7.Add the cherry jam , bake in over at 160C(fan forced) for 20-25 minutes.
8. Store in an air tight container so that they remain crisp.
Jam drops recipe in air fryer
- You may shape the cookies in any shape,like the star shapes as well.Press with your thumb in the center.
- Add the jam drop, Spread them in the tray, cook them in a pre-heated (10 mins) air fryer at 170C for 10-11 minutes.
- The jam drop in these cookies turns dark in color and will dry out in some time.
What can I bake If I don't have eggs?
There are many more eggless cookie recipes which we bake regularly. Click on the links below for the recipes.
Read the Jam biscuits no egg recipe below
No Egg Jam drop cookies recipe
- Cling film
- parchment paper
- stand mixer
- Oven or air fryer
Homemade Strawberry/ cherry jam (or use store bought preserve)
- 250 gram strawberry or de-seeded cherries
- ¼ cup sugar
For the cookies:
- 1 ½ cup wholewheat flour/atta or atta
- ½ cup soft butter or melted butter at room temperature refer notes to make cookies with less butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar ¼ cup sugar,when powdered , gives ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
For the strawberry/cherry jam:
- Slice the cherry or berries into half,add sugar to it.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and keep it aside for 4-6 hours.
- In a pan heat the mix for 10-15 minutes on low flame or until it dries to make a jam.
- Let it cool and process it in a food processor,pass it through a sieve to get a smooth jam
For the egg free biscuits
- Mix all the ingredients and knead them in a dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling firm and move it into the fridge to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll them into 1 cm thick base on a dusted flour surface.
- Cut them into desired shape using cookie cutter.
- Press in the center with a thumb to make space for the strawberry jam.
- Fill strawberry jam in the center of the cookies.
For the jam biscuit recipe in oven:
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 150-160 degree celsius.
- Store in an air-tight jar once cooled.
For jam drop cookies Air fryer
- Spread them in the tray, cook them in a pre-heated (10 mins) air fryer at 170C for 10-11 minutes.
1.The first variation as mentioned in the notes in the recipe card is to replace butter and make cookies with little less fat.
2.You can just make these eggless biscuits without any jam.The base is a simple flour,butter and milk base.
3. You can also replace the whole wheat flour with plain flour. Just replace the baking soda wit baking powder . Refer to the notes in the recipe card for more details.
If you do not have time to make a jam, use a store bought preserve. Using preserve is better than using a store bought jam as jam is more stiff and gets a burnt flavor post baking. Some people also add ground almonds to the above recipe to make Austrian Linzer cookies or linzer kekse.
Store in an air tight container for 5-7 days at room temperature. However, eat as fresh as possible. They have a
You may use a store bought preserve if you do not want to make them at home. Sometimes the store bough jams are set like a china grass consistency. In that case, I would recommend to add that kind of Jam at the end of cooking(last 2 minutes)
You may use plain flour(maida) with instead of wholemeal flour. However replace the quantity of baking soda with baking powder and you may need a little more cold milk to knead the dough.
For more eggless dessert recipes, click here.
Also, click here to have a look of all our videos.