This kheer is a Vrat special. Makhaane ki kheer or Lotus seed pudding is an easy recipe.It has got its origins in Indus valley civilization.In this vrat recipe,nuts needs no soaking.This makes it faster to cook.Fox nuts are easy to digest too.You can make it in a jiffy whenever you want.Makhana kheer is easy to digest unlike sabudana or sama ke chawal.
Hence,It is a widely popular sweet.Kids also love it.
makhaana kheer benefits
Fox nuts or phool makhaana are a good source of protein.They are also rich in magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.It is very high in fiber.It has nutrients higher than almonds and walnuts.Also, it is very low in calories.Roasted makhaane are also a great snack.
Additionally, it enables weight loss.
Fox nuts can also be used to make a quick snack like chivda if you do not want to add dairy to your diet.
You can also toast them in some ghee or oil in an oven.
They are great for tea-time.
Also, helps you avoid extra calories of cookies and mixtures.
See makhana kheer video below
How to make makhana kheer?
Makhaane ki kheer-Lotus seed pudding
- 1,5 cup makhaane/lotus seeds/fox nuts
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup mixed dry fruits almonds and walnuts
- 750 ml milk reduce it to 500 ml
- 5-6 strands of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- In a pan dry roast lotus seeds or makhane.
- Once they turn pink,add dry fruits to them.Mix well.
- Add ghee and stir well.
- Stir in milk,sugar,cardamom & saffron.
- Serve hot/cold.
What are different types of kheer recipes?
Below are some interesting kheer recipes.
Finally,click sweet & dessert to watch additional recipe videos.