Ice cream is a go-to dessert. You can find people make unique flavors. Ice creams are great in any form. Be it gelato or soft serve. Brick, cones or bars. Ben made it from coriander in Master chef Australia and went on to build an Ice cream parlor. Ben and Jerry, connoisseur and Magnum are full of exotic flavors. I do not disagree. You can make ice cream with any flavor with our without milk. Quick paan ice cream will give your party an extra edge this summer. Pan or betel leaves are great in flavor. They give you quick freshness when eaten. Maghai pan or Banarasi Pan leaves are the most desired. These days you can get it even abroad even if you may not get your pan wala.
Easy way to make ice-cream without churner?
Making ice-cream at home is a long process. Homemade ice-cream is great too even if you do not make it time and again. Sometimes you do not get the right consistency, which can be a bit disappointing. Here is a quick and sure shot method of making ice cream.
Use a basic vanilla ice cream from the market. Vanilla gives it a good base. You can basically infuse any flavor into it. We use this method to infuse a beautiful fresh ingredient for that extra zing. Betel leaves. We give it that fresh flavor, great color and zing.
Try it you will not be disappointed!
History of Paan or betel leaves
Paan or betel nut leaves have been used for centuries as a digestive. Hence, you will find a passionate fan following of this unique flavor. It is fresh and also gives you a natural kick. Thus, many people eat it post lunch. They do it so that they do not sleep.
I used to dislike it earlier thinking its all tobacco. Mouth going red and juice falling everywhere;. Later I came to know all are not the same.
Thankfully, it is not. Nowadays, I have it too.
Types of paan in India
There are various types of paan in the market. Meetha paan, sada paan, gulkand wala paan, chocolate paan. Bhavnagar in Gujarat has a unique betel shop which sells more than 30 varieties of pan.
Some people even eat tobacco laced one. However, it is bad for health. It causes cancer. This is a no-no for me. I wish people understand that too and stop using it. My wish!
Benaras in Uttar Pradesh, India is famous for its paan. Even Bollywood endorses it with its songs.Who has not danced to Khaike paan Benaras wala and Paan khaye Saiyaan hamaro. This time enjoy your ice cream when you hum them.
Read the recipe of quick paan ice cream
- Boil milk and reduce it to half along with fennel seeds. Keep it aside to coo;/
2. Chop the betel leaves and add it to milk along with rose water. Leave it overnight.
3. Next day morning, blend the above mix and strain it with a sieve to get a smooth texture.
4. Add the coconut flour to this milk mix.
5. Mix it well to get an even texture. Keep it aside.
6. Now, melt homemade vanilla or store bought vanilla ice cream until its soft. Whisk it well.
7. Add the pan mix to it.
8. Mix well.
9. Freeze it in a container. For best results cover it with a baking sheet.
10. Serving suggestion: Scoop it and garnish with cherries and some grated coconut.
Easy Paan Ice cream
- 200 ml full fat milk
- 1 tbsp saunf/fennel seeds
- 6 paan leaves/betel leaves
- ¼ cup rose water
- 2 tbsp coconut flour /very finely dessicated coconut
- 1 ltr vanilla ice cream
- Garnish : Cherries and 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Bring the milk to boil with fennel(saunf).
- Once it has reduced to half of the original quantity, turn it off.
- Chop the paan leaves and add it to the milk with rose water,keep it aside for overnight.
- Grind the paan mix in a blender and strain it using a sieve.
- Add the Coconut flour and mix well.
- Meanwhile keep the vanilla ice cream aside to melt.
- Mix the paan mix with the ice cream and allow it to set in a container.
- Serve with cherries and garnish with desiccated coconut.
Click here to see more ice cream recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.