With its delightful blend of the classic Indian sweet and the beloved frozen treat, Gulab Jamun ice cream provides an incredibly tantalizing experience for your taste buds. No wonder it is a popular flavor in one of the leading brands, Vadilal gulab jamun ice cream. However, it is still not available in local stores near me. By combining the rich sweetness of gulab jamun with the creamy decadence of vanilla ice cream, this treat is relished by kids all ages.
Where there is a will, there is a way. Here is a way to enjoy this dessert all over again. This easy-to-follow recipe creates the perfect gulab jamun ice cream using a simple vanilla ice cream. Let's embark on a culinary journey as we discover the steps to create this mouthwatering dessert that is bound to be loved by your entire family.
Who can ever get enough of ice creams. Whether it's the royal falooda or strawberry ice cream. mango kulfi or tutti fruity ice cream. We are all kids in an ice cream shop, no matter what the age. It is blissful and you are definitely in la la land for a little while. Life is beautiful!
This unique recipe is perfect for a Diwali celebration Down under. It's summer time and time to have sweets too. If it is too cold for you else where, use this recipe for Holi celebration. Other snacks you can add to the platter - air fryer samosa pinwheels, spring rolls, aloo paneer cutlets and fafda jalebi.
The key to making the perfect gulab jamun ice-cream, lies in the ingredients. You’ll need vanilla ice cream,rose water, gulab jamun and rose petals to infuse that authentic flavor. The fusion of sweet dumplings (gulab jamun) and ice cream mixture results in a delectable combination that’s both creamy and indulgent.
- tin of gulab jamuns
- vanilla ice-cream
- rose water / gulab jal
See recipe card for quantities.
- Add the vanilla ice cream with milk to a blender.
2. Pulse the mix for few seconds at a low setting , do not run it longer.
3. Add 2-3 gulab jamuns to the blender/chopper.Pulse the blender for few seconds again, next time.
4. Add gulab jal/rose water or vanilla essence(as a variation) . Transfer the contents to a container for freezing.
5. Chop the remaining gulab jamuns into bite size pieces
6. Add these to the ice cream container,set it to freeze for 4-6 hours
Serve it cold . Garnish with dried rose petals and crushed pistachios.
I have used store bought gulab jamuns, you can make them yourself if you like.
You can also use an homemade ice cream instead of store bought ice cream.
Although the classic gulab jamun ice cream is undeniably tempting, there is room for exploration and experimentation with various ice-cream flavors. Vanilla ice cream, known for its classic and creamy taste, complements the richness of gulab jamun exceptionally well. However, if you're feeling adventurous, you can also experiment with scoop of your favourite ice cream. Ras malai, tutti fruiti or even chocolate, can be added. This will be delightful and unexpected twist to your dessert experience.
You may use store bought ice creams or use a homemade Gulab jamun recipe for this delicacy.
Store it in the freezer.
If you do not have rosewater at home, you may add some saffron strands soaked in water for flavor. You may also add a teaspoon of cardamom powder. You may also add some chopped nuts for crunch.
If you want to preserve the ideal texture and flavor, make sure to store it in a freezer-safe, airtight container.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Gulab jamun icecream:
Gulab jamun ice cream
- Blender or chopper
- 1 ltr Vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup full fat milk
- ½ tablespoon rose water extract / gulab jal
- 8 gulab jamuns 1 kg tin of gulab jamun has approx 16-18 gulab jamun
- dried rose petals for garnish optional
- 4-5 pistachios crushed for garnish optional
- Add the vanilla ice cream with milk to a chopper.
- Pulse the mix for few second , do not run it longer.
- Add 2-3 gulab jamuns to the blender/chopper.
- Pulse the belnder/chopper for few seconds,Add gulab jal/rose water.
- Transfer the contents to a container for freezing.
- Chop the remaining gulab jamuns into bite size pieces.
- Add these to the ice cream container,set it to freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Serve it cold ,garnish with dried rose petals and crushed pistachios.
The delightful fusion of Indian tradition and contemporary dessert innovation is perfectly captured in the Gulab Jamun Icecream. With its combination of rich and creamy flavors, each spoonful of this treat offers a truly indulgent and delightful experience. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or simply to satisfy your sweet tooth, this dessert is a winner. The sweet dumplings nestled within the velvety ice cream mixture create a harmonious and indulgent treat that’s a true crowd-pleaser.