Sugar free marble cake is one of the best cakes which can be made at home. It is a perfect tea time cake, which can be had for evening tea along with scones and pastries.If you are a cake lover, there can never be enough cake.However with all sweet dishes,comes the fear of diabetes and obesity.We do love our sweets but we do not wish to/are lazy/can't find time/have enough excuses not to go gym or hate exercise.In such cases, either we need to limit our cravings or we should find alternatives to remove sugar from our food naturally.Hence sugar free recipes is the way to go and get the best of both worlds!
About Sugar free recipes
Whether your motive is to eat healthy or you are allergic to treated sugar, it is always beneficial to remove white sugar from your diet.There are many natural and healthy alternatives to white sugar, which are now available in market. They give the same sweetness yet do not pose a risk like artificial sweeteners. Some of the commonly used natural sweeteners include Coconut sugar/Palm sugar, Stevia, Erythritol and Xylitol.
Read the recipe of sugar free marble cake below:
Sugar free marble cake
- 1- ¾ sifted common flour
- 1- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup. erythritol or ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1- ½ tsp. stevia
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup of soft butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes Grease and flour a baking tin.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together by passing them through a sieve a couple of times.
- Beat the eggs with a mixer until pale and smooth, add erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract to the mix. Add the dry ingredients with melted butter, milk and mix well.
- Distribute the cake batter equally in 2 containers, add cocoa poweder to one of the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter alternately into the baking tin,make couple of swirls with a butter knife, bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Cut the cake in slices and serve.
You may use ¾ cup of wholemeal four with 1 cup plain flour to make a more healthy version of the cake.
Click here to read more dessert recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".