Cake brings a smile to every child's face.People of all ages tend to melt on its sight.You might see a child awaken in them.A fresh baked one has a wonderful aroma. Mawa cake is the best when you want a fresh start of the day.
This is also a beautiful memory of my childhood in Vizag.
I have spent many evenings having mava cake.Small yummy cupcake full of goodness.
Freshly delivered by a man who would travel from a local bakery every evening.This guy came all the way on a cycle with fresh goodies on both sides in a basket.There was fresh bread,buns,cake,muffins and biscuits.Basically a delight for all kids.I still remember his cream bun.White bun shaped like a hot dog filled with fresh cream and a hint of strawberry jam.Thus getting a sweet pink hue in the middle.Life was simpler back then.Local bakers fulfilled our desire of tea time snacks occasionally.Who knew any restaurant brands existed too? Local was good enough!
His sight till date brings a smile to my face whenever I visit my hometown.
How to make mawa cake?
Scroll below to read the eggless mawa cake recipe:
- 400 ml condensed milk
- 200 gm mawa/khoya
- 200 ml milk
- 50 gm unsalted butter melt before measuring
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup wholemeal aata
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 green cardamoms peeled and powdered
- a generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp. warm milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Grease a 6 inches cake pan with some butter.
- Grate the mawa and mix into the melted butter.
- Add the milk,condensed milk and whisk till smooth with a wire whisk.
- Sift the flour after adding baking powder &baking soda (and salt if using).
- Add the sifted flour-baking powder into the mava-butter-milk mixture and fold in gently, the mixture should resemble fritters or pakora batter in consistency, if required add more milk/flour to achieve the consistency.
- Add the powdered cardamoms and stir gently.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40-50 minutes(at 170 degree C) or till a knife tip comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and turn the pan upside down on a large plate and tap slightly on the bottom of the pan to unmould the cake.
- Cut into wedges or squares as desired.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".