Eggless chocolate marble cake is a recipe full of flavor.This cake is a personal favorite.We all love a cake especially if it is chocolate.However,we always feel guilty it is all plain flour.No fiber no bran.
Maida or plain flour is not so good for the gut in the long run.Particularly, when young kids have it.We feel guilty of eating an all sugar,chocolate and maida.Also, it adds to constipation.
However,we cannot stop them from having cake all the time.
Some days mum have to give in to those innocent requests.Especially, when they see it in pictures and advertisements.
Usually, people feel egg-free cakes are dense.Light fluffy cakes need an egg.However,some people are allergic to eggs like me.It has been 20 years that I left eating eggs.
However,that doesn't stop me from having a cake.
Initially, I felt eggfree cakes need a lot of sugar syrup to get the same soft light texture.
However,with many trials,I have a perfect recipe for a soft egg-free cake.
Best part is,it is no maida or plain flour cake.It is a pure full atta/wholemeal flour cake.
Read the recipe of eggless chocolate marble cake below:
Eggless Chocolate Marble cake
- 1.5 cup wholemeal flour aata
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1- 1/4 cup milk with 2 tsp vinegar at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp. oil/butter for greasing
For chocolate ganache
- 50 ml cooking cream
- 100 gm cooking chocolate
- cake sprinkles for garnish
- Mix milk(at room temperature) with vinegar and keep it aside for few minutes to curdle.
- Add oil to the above mix , keep it aside
- Sift flour and baking soda and sugar for 2-3 times
- Add the dry cake mix to the liquid and mix well
- Keep 1 cup of cake mix aside, add cocoa powder to the remaining mix.
- Add 2-4 tbsp. water as required to make the cocoa cake mix of right consistency
- Grease the cake tin(preferable wide and square/rectangle) with oil/butter.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes(at 160 degree C) or till a knife tip comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and turn the pan upside down on a large plate and tap slightly on the bottom of the pan to unmould the cake.
- Keep it aside on a wire rack to cool.
For the chocolate ganache
- Heat the cream and chocolate in a microwave or double boiler .
- Mix well allow the chocolate sauce to cool for 10-15 minutes, before pouring on the cake(cooled,not warmed)warm chocolate sauce,garnish with cake sprinkles.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos.