Veg korma is one of the best takeaways.After all,butter chicken and vegetable Korma stands out in takeaway curries.Just like Kerala does too in tourist destination.Most people visit it for its wonderful cuisine and calming backwaters.You will find honeymooners,yogis and even people visiting it for some peace.It is a wonder for tourists.Be it local domestic or international travellers.Hence, you can find all kinds of variety in food.It has always been known as spice heaven and coffee gardens.
Food is delicious in Kerala.Be it meat,fish,vegetarian or vegan.Yoga,Ayurveda give back a lot to community.Thus, you can enjoy varied cuisine in Kerala.
The alluring backwaters can calm like no other.However, the real steal is the food.
Coconut gives the Indian vegetable menu unique flavor.Tall trees growing abundantly along the coastline are magical.Vegetable korma kerala style,Pullenji,Avial are some. Malayali cuisine has vegan,vegetarian and non-vegetarian variety.
What does Korma taste like?
Veggie Korma is very mild in spices.Hence you will find it slightly sweet.
You can enjoy this with fried ‘poori’.It also works great with ‘Malabar parota‘.
It is a great change from all the spicy food.Some light vegetable curry and rice is all you need.Most non-veg curries are extremely spicy.It is a great stew and perfect for a sick tummy.
What is korma sauce made of?
Ingredients for korma
Step by step pictures of the recipe
1. In a pan,heat oil and saute bay leaf,mustard and cumin seeds
Add potatoes and carrot pieces,cook for 7-8 minutes
2. Add remaining vegetables with a pinch of salt and cook for 7-8 minutes
3.Add tomato pieces,cook for further 5 minutes
4.Add spices and mix well
5.Add coconut paste and 500 ml of water
Cover and cook until the potatoes have cooked
6.Add the coconut cream(optional) and more water,salt if required.
Read the recipe of Veg korma-Vegan stew
Veg korma-Vegan stew
- 2-3 potato cubed
- Carrot chopped
- 1 small sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup beans cut in inch sized pieces
- broccoli/cauliflower optional
- 1 cup peas
- 2-3 to matoes chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut cream optional
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup soaked nuts Almonds or Cashew
- 2 green chillies
- 1 medium piece of ginger
- 3-4 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric optional
- 1 tsp. Red chilli powder
- Salt as per your taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Grind the ingredients of Coconut paste,keep aside.
- In a pan,heat oil and saute bay leaf,mustard and cumin seeds
- Add potatoes and carrot pieces,cook for 7-8 minutes
- Add remaining vegetables with a pinch of salt and cook for 7-8 minutes
- Add tomato pieces,cook for further 5 minutes
- Add spices and mix well
- Add coconut paste and 500 ml of water
- Cover and cook until the potatoes have cooked
- Add the coconut cream(optional) and more water,salt if required.
- Serve hot with toasted bread or rice or parotta.
Click here to see additional vegan recipes.
Also,click here to see recipe videos from our Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".