Air fryer stuffed peppers or stuffed capsicum is a classy veg. Peppers stuffed with spicy potato masala gives you a great side which can be eaten with roti. Traditionally this dry sabzi is quite famous in and around Rajasthan. Hence, it is very close to my MILs heart. She was the happiest when I made this for the first time in our kitchen.
I love making peppers with both potatoes and chickpea flour or besan. Generally we deep fry these peppers in hot oil. However, air-fryer also makes this recipe with low calories yet great taste. Find out how to make this easy stuffed peppers in air fryer.
An easy variation to this recipe is stuffed mini peppers. Other air fryer snack recipes include air fryer bread recipe, Air fryer pasties, Air fryer tofu nuggets, air fryer homemade tortilla chips, air fryer focaccia ,vegan soy curls , air fryer sweet potato hasselback & chocolate hot cross buns.
My capsicum story
Sometimes we tend to laugh over our ideas and inhibition. Eating capsicum. bitter gourd and mushrooms was one of mine. My bua Geetu Diwan, coaxed me a lot to try this vegetable , when I visited her for lunch. It took me a long time to try capsicums. Somehow I was averse to the green color. Now it is one of my favorite veggies and I eat all of the above listed ones a lot. I always laugh over it and remember her fondly when I cook it. It cooks real fast which is a huge plus point. Weeknights are tough when you juggle work and meal.
Bell peppers are quite versatile. Eat them raw in salads, they are awesome in roasted vegetables. Chilli paneer and tofu manchurian both are incomplete without them.Cook them in curry or as a pulao. I love having it in hummus,vegan pasta ,veg pizza and of course paneer tikka and pav bhaji . Did you ever have any inhibitions too? Have you grown over it? Do share why and how you did it?
Benefits of capsicums
- Great for vitamin C.
- Promotes eye health.
- Good for the heart.
- Prevents liver damage.
- steamer/ Instant pot/ Pressure cooker for boiling potatoes
- frying pan
- potato masher
- Potatoes large, boiled
- Peppers / capsicums
- Salt as per taste
- Spices (can be replaces with curry powder)
- Red chilli powder or as per taste
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
How to make air fryer stuffed peppers?
- Boil or steam potatoes. Peel and mash them. Heat oil in a pan. Add boiled potatoes and spices. Mix well and mash them using a masher.
2. Remove the tops and seeds of all capsicums.Brush/spray oil on these peppers.
3. Add the potato stuffing inside the capsicum.
4. Repeat for all peppers.
5. Preheat the airfryer for 10 mins. Cook at 200 deg C for 15-16 min after brushing oil on the skin.
6. Serve hot with roti and dal fry.
air fryer stuffed peppers | stuffed capsicum recipe
- Steamer/ Instant pot/ Pressure cooker for boiling potatoes
- frying pan
- potato masher
how to make stuffed capsicum ?
- Boil or steam potatoes. Peel and mash them.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add boiled potatoes and spices.
- Mix well and mash them using a masher.
- Remove the tops and seeds of all capsicums,brush/oil spray them
- Add the stuffing inside the capsicum.
- Preheat the air-fryer for 10 mins.
- Cook at 200 deg C for 15-16 min after brushing oil on the skin.
- Serve hot with roti and dal fry.
You can also do a stuffing of besan or chickpea flour. or dip them in besan and fry it to make Mirchi vada or jalepano poppers. Another variation of mirchi bada is mirchi bhajji where we dip jalepanoes or sweet capsicums in besan or chickpea flour batter and fry it.
You can also make this recipe of stuffed capsicum in a pan, it will just take little more oil than the air fryer .I prefer air fryer oven pan any day as the air fryer cooks these stuffed peppers evenly.
You can also make stuffed bitter gourd i.e. karela, follow the recipe of stuffed karela.
Use any color pepper to make this recipe. You can also stuff the pepper with peas and paneer along with potatoes for a vegetarian version.
Red pepper is the healthiest of all peppers when it comes to vitamin and antioxidant content.
Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin C. It also improves eye sight in long run.
Green capsisum is also called green bell pepper