Start your day with good health with a great breakfast– Vegetable Rava Idli.
Steamed semolina dumpling and shredded veggies make it a perfect breakfast .Healthy and light.
This delicacy is very famous along Kanchipuram and the Tamil Nadu coast.
You will also find its followers from Andhra/Telangana belt to even Karnataka.
Be it temples or the udupi cafes,darshinis or adigas,you will never miss idli.
The sight of hundreds of soft fluffy ‘idli‘ being served with love across the Southern region is a treat.
Tastes best with sambar or just filter coffee and some coconut chutney.Flavorful,nutritious and fluffy.One of the best tiffin meals available.It is easy to make and perfect while travel.
Scroll below to read the Vegetable Rava idli recipe
- 1 cup Rava (sooji/semolina)
- 1 cup Curd (3/4 cup curd, mixed with 1/4 cup water)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn
- Small piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Eno (plain)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds or 'Rai'
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 finely chopped Green chilly
- Heat a pan.
- Dry roast semolina on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Keep it aside and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Add curd and water.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients except eno.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil and add the tempering ingredients.
- Add this to the semolina batter.
- The consistency of the rava idli batter should be similar to idli batter.
- It should neither be thick nor thin, so adjust water accordingly
- Get the idli steamer ready with boiling water
- Brush the plates with oil.Now add eno to the batter
- Add the batter mix on the idly plates.
- Steam for 15 minutes
- Take it off from the stand.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving out idli from the stand.
- You may add curry leaves and chillies directly to the batter if you want to avoid oil