Aioli pasta salad is a cold salad. It needs minimal ingredients and cooks fast. You can make it vegan or non vegan depending on aioli or ingredients added. Summer salad is perfect way to unwind after a long day at work. This is a vegan pasta salad version using vegan mayo or garlic kebab sauce.
I can say this is my current favorite. My toddler loves finger food. Hence, I need to keep my chef's hat on always. The most common complaint I hear from fellow parents is their food worries. Every parent wants their kids to eat healthy and wholesome meals. Every parent thinks this at least twice a day. Has my baby eaten well? Do others also think the same? Or is it just my kid who doesn't eat at all. Hence, we are forever trying to make them eat and thus have to make food interesting.
I try to incorporate simple flavors. It should be easy to cook and toddler friendly. Also you can give it in their lunch boxes if kids are at school. Time is definitely short once you have a toddler in the house. You are busier than you can think you will be.
This dish is an easy one and yummy too. Most kids love pasta. They can finish a full bowl of Italian pasta in few minutes. You can use any pasta for it which you like. Penne, fusilli, macaroni or spaghetti. Using colorful pasta also increases the chance of them tasting it. However, it need not be loaded with cheese or tomato sauce all the time. Even subtle flavors work well with pasta. This is a good way of adding broccoli to your meals or just using some chives and cherry tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes
- vegan aioli / vegan mayo with tofu / garlic mayo kebab sauce / aioli salad dressing
- garlic chives
How to make aioli pasta?
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the packet in hot water with little salt. The below pasta is 'Creste di Gallo' - A unique extruded pasta, named for its shape that resembles a rooster’s crest .
- In order to make pasta garlic aioli, add all the ingredients with boiled pasta in a salad bowl. If you want to make aioli pasta sauce recipe- refer here. (opens in new tab)
- Mix well with a spoon and serve.
- Serve cold once you are ready to eat.
You may use any eggless pasta or vegan pasta to make this salad. Macaroni aioli or fettuccine aioli is a good variation for toddlers. Garlic aioli noodles are much easy to make at home and cheaper to when you are using spiralizer instead of buying it from market.
Store in an air tight jar up to 2 -4 days in refrigerator.
More salad ideas?
Vegan pasta salad recipe | creste di gallo pasta recipe
- salad bowl
- 1 cup raw pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3-4 tablespoon Garlic kebab sauce/vegan mayo
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives optional
- In a pan, heat water and add salt. Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Strain it using a sieve and keep it aside too cool.
- Mix pasta, garlic chives, cherry tomatoes in a bowl and add some vegan mayo/vegan garlic kebab sauce to it.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper as per taste. Serve your garlic aoli pasta fresh.
You can also use pasta to make Vegan Minestrone soup.
You can also use vegan tofu mayo to make a cold pasta salad. You may steam cup of corn kernels and broccoli florets for 15 mins and add it to al dente pasta with aioli & salt& pepper as a variation.
Ensure your cherry tomatoes are cut to small pieces when serving to toddlers.
Yes it stays in refrigerator, it is best to eat within 2 days.
Chill the mayo before you add it to salad.
Yes, use your favorite aioli dip and toss cooked plain pasta into it.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.