Traditional minestrone soup recipe is a one pot meal in itself. It is a classic Italian soup. It has a pasta or rice added to huge bowl of veggies and broth. I love adding pasta to my vegan one. Play around with veggies you want or have available. Benefits of soup are many. Low calories, great in taste. They also need less supervision during cooking. It is an easy way to feed picky kids veggies too. There is something which everyone likes and wants to eat. I love the butter beans, black beans added to it. Bowl of pasta and beans in a beautiful broth. Yum!
Why is vegetable soup good for you?
Soup and bread is pretty much a staple diet these days for my family like many. Most people want to watch their weight. Some want to maintain it. Others want to get fit. One needs to be fit whether you are fit or bulky. Everyone has a different frame. Eating right is important, after all we have only one life to live. This gift comes with its own challenges too. The sooner you realize, the better that life is just the survival of the fittest.
Vegetable soups are great for an easy meal. Soups are low in calories but are very filling. You can make them according to your taste. Be it a broth or cream based. Only cream based should be limited. After all, you want to stay warm and cozy when it is cold outside. If rain splashes on the windows, you want something to drink. Drink something which makes your health and not drains your liver and kidneys. By the time you realize what happened with all that booze, it is too late.
Something to give you a warm fuzzy feeling when the world looks icy cold.
How to make minestrone soup? Step-by-step pictures.
- Heat oil, cook onion with garlic until pink.
- Add tomatoes and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then, add carrots.
3. Now, add remaining veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add water, soup stock and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add beans and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Now, add the pasta and cook until the pasta is cooked.
7. Serve hot.
Read the vegan minestrone soup recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 1 zucchini/carrot finely chopped
- Few stalks of kale finely chopped
- 1 can/400 gms of tomatoes
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1 cup mix raw pasta
- 2-3 tbsp soup stock
- water 2 litres
- Salt as per taste
- Bunch of basil leaves
- Heat oil,cook onion with garlic until pink.
- Add tomatoes,cook for 5 minutes,add carrots.
- Add remaining veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water,soup stock,cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Add canned beans,kale and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for 15 minutes/until the pasta is cooked.
- Garnish with basil leaves and season with salt as per taste
- Serve warm
Click here to see more soup recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.