Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient. Bake them, fry them, make a curry or even a salad with them. Boil them to make a simple chickpea salad and even make a hummus out of it. You can use to leftover aquafaba to make decadent dessert. Chickpea salad is a super bowl of nutrients and deliciousness. If you do not have kabuli chana at home, you can make it with black chickpeas as well.
Summer salads cool the day!
Salads are great for health. They are refreshing and provide you with daily fiber. When it is hot summer, you cannot anything too hot. They also help you eat light and aids in weight loss. Thus, give a fulfilling change from daily meals. Pair it with a cooler and enjoy a light meal full of nutrients. Whether you make a fresh feta salad or dig into a sprouts bowl. Roasted chickpea salad or Mediterranean chickpea salad. Spicy Indian or the Moroccan, play with your dressing and have a healthy fulfilling lunch!
Mustard vinaigrette dressing gives it a great flavor. This C is very simple to make. If you do not like honey, you may make vegan chickpea salad. Add a lemon garlic vinaigrette or add agave instead of honey while making Dijon mustard dressing.
Benefits of chickpeas
- Loaded with proteins
- 1 cup of chickpeas has 12.5 grams of fiber.
- It also contains potassium, vitamin B, iron, selenium
- Chickpeas can help reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
If you want to make a vegan version, avoid adding honey to the bowl. You may replace it with maple syrup.
Step by Step pics of recipe
1.Mix the ingredients for the dressing
2. Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing
Read the recipe of dijon honey chickpea salad
chickpea salad with Dijon Mustard honey vinaigrette
for the salad
- 1 baby lettuce/1 cup lettucce chopped
- 1 small red capsicum chopped
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can boiled chickpeas 250gm cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
For the dijon mustard dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard paste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl either with spoon or blitz it with a blender for few seconds.
- Add it to the salad ingredients and mix.
- Serve fresh or keep it in the fridge for few hours if not serving instantly.
Click here to see more chickpea recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos.