Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient. Bake them, fry them, make a curry or even a salad with them. Boil them to make a simple chickpea salad and even make a hummus out of it. You can use to leftover aquafaba to make decadent dessert. Chickpea salad is a super bowl of nutrients and deliciousness. If you do not have kabuli chana at home, you can make it with black chickpeas as well.
Add the crunch with cool cucumbers to the freshness of tomatoes. Protein rich boiled chickpeas get elevated to the next level when you add Dijon mustard and honey to it. It is a recipe which makes you go oooh that is good! each time! Learn to make it here.
Why salad bowl is good for you?
Salads are great for health. They are refreshing and provide you with daily fiber. When it is hot summer, you cannot anything too hot. They also help you eat light and aids in weight loss. Thus, give a fulfilling change from daily meals. Pair it with a cooler and enjoy a light meal full of nutrients. Whether you make a fresh feta salad or dig into a sprouts bowl. Roasted chickpea salad or Mediterranean chickpea salad. Spicy Indian or the Moroccan, play with your dressing and have a healthy fulfilling lunch!
Mustard vinaigrette dressing gives it a great flavor. This is very simple to make. If you do not like honey, you may make vegan chickpea salad. Add a lemon garlic vinaigrette or add agave instead of honey while making Dijon mustard dressing.
Benefits of chickpeas
- Loaded with proteins
- 1 cup of chickpeas has 12.5 grams of fiber.
- It also contains potassium, vitamin B, iron, selenium
- Chickpeas can help reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
The ingredients are pretty basic. You need
- Dijon mustard
- Honey - Replace with maple syrup or agave nector if you want to make vegan honey mustard recipe
- Olive oil - You can reduce this, if are concerned about honey mustard dressing calories
- Salt/Pepper - as per taste.
1.Mix the ingredients for the dressing. Meanwhile chop all the veggies.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients.
2. Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing. Serve fresh.
If you want to make a vegan version, avoid adding honey to the bowl. You may replace it with maple syrup.
- To make vegan honey mustard dressing , substitute honey with maple syrup or agave nector.
- Dijon mustard can be replaced with whole grain mustard.Add little lemon juice or vinegar if you want a little more sourness.
Dijon mustard on its own does not go bad for couple of years long as you use a clean spoon every time and store it in the fridge. If you see molds or an off smell then it has gone bad. Once you have used the Dijon mustard in a salad dressing like above, it needs to be consumed soon.
Looking for salad recipes? Here are some interesting suggestions you can try
- Cauliflower salad
- Vietnamese salad
- Avocado dressing salad
- Aioli pasta salad
- Trail mix salad
- Our collection of Salad recipes
Chickpea salad recipe
for the salad
- 1 baby lettuce/1 cup lettucce chopped
- 1 small red capsicum chopped
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can boiled chickpeas 250gm cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
For the dijon mustard dressing
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl either with spoon or blitz it with a blender for few seconds.
- Add it to the salad ingredients and mix.
- Serve fresh or keep it in the fridge for few hours if not serving instantly.