We love lentils. They are so versatile. You can make so many recipes from it whether it is salad, soup or stew. Add it to veggies and make a curry or make sweets out of it. Lentils in any form is great! It is great for protein. Snacking on homemade air fryer recipes help you avoid commercially available, salty junk food like fried chips and sweet cookies. Fried moong dal, masala chana dal have been a good snack to all of us as kids. Now, with sedentary lifestyle, it is better to go low oil. Roasted or air fried moong dal is a great way to have lentils. Air frying helps avoid extra oil or ghee and yet relish the same taste as kids.
I love my snacks. Hence, air fryer recipes make me enjoy the snacking, in a little healthy fashion.
Benefits of moong dal
- Rich in vitamins A, B, C and E.
- It is rich in proteins and fiber.
- Great for weight-loss.
- It is low in fat.
- It helps keep immune system strong.
- oil or ghee
- moong dal (unpolished)
- Salt as per taste
- red chili powder
- dried mango powder
The most important ingredient is the mung dhal.Now to get the taste similar to the market, we need to use the unpolished moong dal and not the polished one. there is a difference in size as well for both of then.
Refer below to the difference in size.
The dal on the left side is the unpolished moong dal, while on the right is the polished moong dal. Notice the difference in size as well.
Fried moong dal benefits
Moong dal is a good source of protein and carbohydrates. When we cook this dal with low oil in the air fryer, we can avoid the extra fat that comes with deep fried moong dal.This recipe is also for roasted moong dal.
- Soak moong dal for 2-3 hours.
- Add dal to boiling water. Let it cook until it comes to a boil. Take it off the flame and keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Pass the dal through a sieve to remove excess water.
- Toss mung dal with oil ,Spread half the mung dal on crisping tray / parchment .
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C/ 355F for 5 mins .Start cooking at 180C/355F
- Cook for 11-12 mins at 180 deg C/ 355F and mix 1-2 times in between . Spray/Toss oil once in between. Repeat for remaining mung dhal .
- Add the spices ,mix well.
- Store it in air tight container once it cools.
Air fried moong dal recipe
- Air fryer crisper tray or parchment paper
- sauce pan
- Soak mung dal for 2-3 hours.
- Add dal to boiling water. Let it cook until it comes to a boil.
- Pass the dhal through a sieve to remove excess water.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C/ 355F for 5 mins.
- Toss mung dal with oil/ghee
- Spread half the dahl on crisping tray / parchment paper
- Cook for 11-12 mins at 180 deg C/ 355F and mix 1-2 times in between. For better result spray oil/toss oil once in between.
- Once done, take it outside,keep it aside.
- Repeat for remaining mung dhal.
- Add the spices ,mix well. Store it in air tight container once it cools.
You can make any roasted lentils like moong dal.You can also make it as spicy or as bland as you like.
Store it in an air tight container once it completely cools down.
Yes it is full of protein and high in fibre too.