Sindhi Dal poori is an easy breakfast.It is comfort food.We serve simple dal with fried flatbread poori .It is wholesome and flavorful.You can eat as many poori as you want with lightly tempered lentils.Simple flavors but very filling.It is an easy alternative to Dal Pakwan on a weekday.
Vegetarians and Proteins +Iron
Some people think meat is the only way to get iron and proteins. But that is untrue. After all, what did the animal eat ? Plants right? Nature has enough variety to get essential nutrients from a plant based diet too. Vegetarian balanced diet is good enough for all kids and elders. It is also easier to digest.
Did you know it takes minimum 3 days to digest a piece of meat?
Eating lentils is a great way of having your proteins and Iron. Just remember to add a dash of lime juice on top.This is full of vitamin C. Hence, helps absorb Iron in lentils easily. If you are vegan, temper the dal in olive oil or coconut oil. If vegetarian, good old ghee or clarified butter works fine. Avoid heeng or asafoetida if going gluten-free. You can serve dal with buckwheat poori or amaranth poori instead of wheat.
Read the recipe of Sindhi Dal Poori
Sindhi Dal poori
- 1 cup moong dal split yellow mung dal
- ¼ tsp turmeric
For tempering dal
- 2-3 tsp. ghee/oil
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Water to knead
- Pressure cook the dal with 2 cup of water,salt and turmeric until 2 whistles.
- Heat the oil for tempering,add cumin seeds.
- Spread a spoonful of tempering over the dal in a bowl,garnish with red chilli powder.
- Knead a dough by adding all ingredients to the bowl.
- Ensure dough is not too soft or too firm.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Use a rolling pin to make a small thin flatbread.
- In a wok, heat oil and gently fry the poori slowly one by one.
- Use a ladle to press gently and evenly puff up the poori.
- Serve hot.
What are dal recipes? Try the interesting recipes below:
Click here to see more Sindhi recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.