Sindhi Dal poori is an easy breakfast.It is comfort food.We serve simple dal with fried flatbread poori .It is wholesome and flavorful.You can eat as many poori as you want with lightly tempered lentils.Simple flavors but very filling.It is an easy alternative to Dal Pakwan on a weekday.
Vegetarians and Proteins +Iron
Some people think meat is the only way to get iron and proteins. But that is untrue. After all, what did the animal eat ? Plants right? Nature has enough variety to get essential nutrients from a plant based diet too. Vegetarian balanced diet is good enough for all kids and elders. It is also easier to digest.
Did you know it takes minimum 3 days to digest a piece of meat?
Eating lentils is a great way of having your proteins and Iron. Just remember to add a dash of lime juice on top.This is full of vitamin C. Hence, helps absorb Iron in lentils easily. If you are vegan, temper the dal in olive oil or coconut oil. If vegetarian, good old ghee or clarified butter works fine. Avoid heeng or asafoetida if going gluten free. You can serve dal with buckwheat poori or amaranth poori instead of wheat.
Step by step pictures for sindhi moong dal
1.Soak the moong dal in water for alteast 30 minutes.
2. Cook in a pressure cooker with double the water ,salt, turmeric and tomatoes(Optional)
3. Allow the pressure to release,mix the dal so that there are no lumps formed.
4. Pour some dal in a bowl, add the spices(red chilli powder,amchur) on top.
5. Heat the oil for tempering, add cumin seeds and more chilli powder(as per taste)
Spread a spoonful of tempering over the dal in a bowl,serve immediately
Read the recipe of Sindhi Dal Poori
Sindhi Dal poori
- 1 cup moong dal split yellow mung dal
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt as per taste
For tempering dal
Sindhi puri ingredients
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Water to knead
- Soak the moong dal in water for alteast 30 minutes.
- Cook in a pressure cooker with double the water ,salt, turmeric and tomatoes(Optional) until 2 whistles.
- Allow the pressure to release,mix the dal so that there are no lumps formed.
- Pour some dal in a bowl, add the spices(red chilli powder,amchur) on top.
- Heat the oil for tempering, add cumin seeds and more chilli powder(as per taste)
- Spread a spoonful of tempering over the dal in a bowl,serve immediately
For Sindhi puri recipe
- Knead a dough by adding all ingredients to the bowl.
- Ensure dough is not too soft or too firm.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Use a rolling pin to make a small thin flatbread.
- In a wok, heat oil and gently fry the poori slowly one by one.
- Use a ladle to press gently and evenly puff up the poori.
- Serve hot.
What are interesting moong dal recipes?
Try the interesting recipes below:
- Dal ka paratha
- Mixed dal dhokla
- Moong dal dosa
- Moong dal chilka
- air fried moong dal
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.