air fryer mung beans is an easy snack. We all love to snack whether it is teatime, a journey or simply when we are bored. While snacking helps us pass some time and keep our mind off some stress, it is not that good for our waistline. It does add to those extra pounds slowly and steadily.
We all have eaten moong beans as sprouts salad and even in pani puri as a filling. You can even make a dal and misal pav out of it.However, that gets boring after a while. Make this recipe for a snack anytime you want and enjoy a protein rich day
This recipe is similar to air fried chana dal and air fried moong dal recipe.
Some of the other snack recipes that can be prepared in the airfryer include air fryer papad, air fryer cutlet , air fried modak recipe , air fryer khari biscuits , air fryer kothimbir vadi,air fryer pakoras,air fryer pani puri,air fryer pecans,air fryer pizza toastie, air fryer sev - Air fryer namkeen & ragi biscuits recipe.
- moong beans / whole moong beans/ sabut mung dal
- red chili powder
- salt as per taste
Refer to recipe card for details.
Soak ½ cup moong dal, atleast 12 hours or 1 day. Change water 2-3 times.
One the moong beans have been soaked well, drain the excess water.
Boil water and cook moong dal for 8-10 minutes in boiling water or until its soft.
Preheat the air fryer at 180C for 10 minutes. Toss the moong dal in 1 tablespoon oil.
Spread half the dahl on crisping tray / parchment paper .
Cook for 8 -10 mins at 180C / 355 F and mix 2-3 times in between
Once done, take it outside,keep it aside.
Repeat for remaining mung dhal.
Add the spices ,mix well. Store it in air tight container once it cools.
They are rich in proteins and have anti-oxidants.
48 hours + soaking will result in fermentation.
air fryer mung beans
- ½ cup mung beans raw whole moong
- salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoon oil 1 teaspoon for each batch
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- Soak ½ cup moong dal, at least 12 hours or 1 day, change water 2-3 times.
- One the moong beans have been soaked well, drain the excess water.
- Boil water. Cook moong dal for 8-10 minutes in boiling water or until its soft. Allow it to cool for some time
- Preheat the air fryer at 180C for 10 minutes. Toss the moong dal in 1 teaspoon oil.
- Spread half the moong dal on crisping tray / parchment paper .
- Cook for 8 -10 mins at 180C / 355 F and mix 2-3 times in between
- Once done, take it outside,keep it aside. Repeat for remaining mung dhal.
- Add the spices ,mix well. Store it in air tight container once it cools.
Kunju Patel says
Thank you very much. Now I can make this often.
bhavana bhatia says
Thank you so much for your kind words