Namak pare or nimki is one of the easiest snacks you can make at home. Now with the emphasis of health coming first, fried version is just not OK. Baked namak paare or baked salty crackers are a must especially when you can't be eating too much fried ones. Oil intake should be limited with age.After all, health is wealth. As a foodie, we always try to find out ways to enjoy our diet too.
Namak paare & childhood nostalgia
Most of us remember Mom's kitchen once we hear Namak Paare or Shakar Paare.
Our childhood is full of memories of these crackers. Train journeys or otherwise. Summer vacations, hostel diet all of us have some memory of this snack.
When we are kids, we play and run and are active all the time. This ensures all those fried biscuits, crackers get digested well. However, once we are older and in jobs, our weight increases with such diet. These days maida or plain flour based fried crackers are easily available. We all fall to our cravings once a while. The best alternative to this is baking it at home. Also, using whole meal flour for it is better.
Read the recipe for baked namak pare below:
Healthy namak pare-Baked salty crackers
- 1 cup maida/ plain flour
- ½ cup atta/wholewheat flour
- ⅛ tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- Little water to knead
- ¼ cup oil +2 tbsp oil for tossing
- Mix all ingredients and knead into a tight dough.
- Divide in 2 equal parts and roll it flat like a roti on a baking paper.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into desired shapes.
- Place the pieces evenly on a baking paper.
- Preheat the oven for 5 mins at 160 degree centigrade.
- Bake for 160 degree ,fan forced for 20 mins.
- Toss the crackers in 2 tbsp oil and bake again for 15 mins.
- Store in a air-tight container once it comes at room temperature.
Click here for more snack recipes.
Click here to watch more recipe videos from our Youtube channel.