Chana jor garam is a yummy namkeen. So many people love it my family included. Black chickpeas are usually eaten as a curry or as navratri prasad kale chane. However,this recipe is just as great if you want a power packed snack with your evening tea. Spicy fried protein full of flavor and crunch. You can have it as it is or add some onions and tomatoes to it with some lemon. Make a chaat out of it. However, the only thing which makes you limit this namkeen is that it is fried. So here is a recipe which you will love as it is baked and not fried. Baked chana jor garam recipe is definitely for keeps. Roasted chana jor garam is definitely taking the extra calories away.
Baking still gets you the crunch. You just need to store it in an air-tight jar. Enjoy without the oil and its calories. Plus no guilt!
So, don't worry and enjoy this snack as it is or with some murmura or puffed rice.
The popularity of this chana jor garam street food can be judged by the fact that there is a very famous track on it. When legendary singers like Mohd. Rafi and Lata sing a song about it, you will be hooked for sure if you aren't already. So sing the song, while it bakes in your oven. Click here if you wanna listen to it.
Step-by-step pics of chana jor garam snack recipe
read the recipe of baked chana jor garam
baked chana jor garam - black chickpea snack
- 1 cup black chickpeas soaked overnight
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- Oil spray/1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 green chilly chopped
- Coriander for garnish
For chana jor garam
- Pressure cook the black chickpeas with little salt and 2-3 cups of water for 2 whistles or until soft.
- While they are warm, place few chickpeas between baking sheet/butter paper.
- Press few of them with a flat pan/plate.
- Transfer them to baking tray,toss them with 1 tablespoon oil or use an oil spray.
- Bake them in a oven at 160 C for 15-20 minutes.
- Store them in an air-tight jar.
To make chaat
- Toss the flattened chickpeas with remaining ingredients to make a nice and healthy
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more chana recipes?
Click here to see more snack recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.