Air fryer chickpeas is a perfect snack for the fit foodie. I love munching all day when I m travelling or when I want to have my tea. Love it, if the recipe is high in protein but low in oil. Crunchy Chickpeas are a family favorite. I love munching on boiled chickpeas and even roasted ones. Owning an air-fryer has made life bit easier. Making snacks without spending too much time in the kitchen is always welcome. Meal plans have become simpler. Also, low oil makes me super happy! Who wants to increase their waistline, when you know you cannot exercise. Chickpeas is great for protein. You can use canned chickpeas or soak them overnight for this recipe. Add spices you like. Garlic powder, onion powder or any seasoning you like and make a different flavor each time. It is ready very fast and you do not have to spend hours in the kitchen making snacks.
What is an air fryer? How successful is an air fryer in making healthy snacks
This is the next big thing in the kitchen nowadays. Pretty much after instant pot, this is a machine making life better. It is a mini oven where food is cooked at high heat due to air circulation. You end up making all fried foods eventually with much lesser oil. Sometimes, results might be around 90% in texture but if it helps me avoid the oil. Why not? Most things that I did try came up really awesome. So I can say it definitely is a good thing to buy. I was skeptical when I bought mine. Rave reviews from my dad definitely gave me a heads up that it will be much useful. However, I didn't realize how will an air fryer change my life so much. I have been experimenting with mine for last whole month. It feels great to enjoy the snacks I wouldn't normally make due to oil. Have you bought an air fryer ? Do let us know your favorites too.
how to make crispy chickpeas in air fryer?
- Boil and drain chickpeas to remove the aquafaba. You may add salt as per your taste.
2. Place the chickpeas in the air fryer basket. Air-fry the chickpeas for 7-8 mins at 200 degree C.
3. Now, brush on top of chickpeas 1 tsp oil or toss them in a bowl. Air-fry for 5-6 mins depending on texture you like. Totally crispy or crispy outside soft inside depending on the time.
4. Mix the spices to the crunchy air-fried chickpeas.
5. Store the chickpeas in a clean dry jar.
Read the air fryer chickpeas recipe here
Air fried chickpeas
- Air fryer
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cup chickpeas boiled/canned
Spice mix (as per your taste)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp. Dried mango powder/amchur
- ½ tsp coriander powder/cumin powder
- 1 tsp Salt as per taste
- Boil after soaking over night with salt/or use a can of chickpeas.
- Air-fry the chickpeas for 7-8 mins at 200 degree C.
- Brush on top of chickpeas 1 tsp oil or toss them in a bowl.
- Air-fry for 5-6 mins depending on texture you like. Totally crispy or crispy outside soft inside depending on the time.
- Mix spices as per taste. Store in a clean dry jar.
See more low oil air fryer recipes below:
What kind of foods do you cook in your Air fryer?
You can cook anything from meat to vegetarian. Crispy French fries or grilled vegetables. Cutlets to soya nuggets.Anything is possible with a spoonful of oil!
What is the best Indian recipe containing chickpeas?
Other great international recipes
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Click here to see more recipe videos.