Air fryer chickpeas or chana is a perfect snack for the fit foodie. I love munching all day when I m travelling or when I want to have my tea. Love it, if the recipe is high in protein but low in oil. Crunchy chana are a family favorite. I love munching on boiled chole and even roasted ones. They are vegan and gluten free too. They are great for protein. You can use canned too or soak them overnight for this recipe. Add spices you like. Add a teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder ,thyme or any seasoning you like and make a different flavor each time. It is ready very fast and you do not have to spend hours in the kitchen making snacks.
How owning a an air fryer changed life for the better?
It has made life bit easier. Making snacks without spending too much time in the kitchen is always welcome. Meal prep has become simpler. Also, low oil makes me super happy! Who wants to increase their waistline, when you know you cannot exercise.
What is an air-fryer? How successful is an air-fryer in making healthy snacks?
This is the next big thing in the kitchen nowadays. Pretty much after instant pot, this is a machine making cooking easy and better. It is a mini oven where food is cooked at high heat due to air circulation. You end up making all fried foods eventually with much lesser oil. Sometimes, results might be around 90% in texture but if it helps me avoid the oil. Why not? Most things that I did try came up really awesome. So I can say it definitely is a good thing to buy. I was skeptical when I bought mine. Rave reviews from my dad definitely gave me a heads up that it will be much useful. However, I didn't realize how will an air fryer change my meal plans so much. I have been experimenting with mine for last whole month. It feels great to enjoy the snacks I wouldn't normally make due to oil. Have you bought an air fryer ? Do let us know your favorites too.
- Spices - red chilly powder, dried mango powder, coriander powder
how to make crispy chickpeas in air-fryer?
- Boil and drain chickpeas to remove the aquafaba. You may add salt as per your taste.
2. Place them in the air-fryer basket. Air-fry them for 7-8 mins at 200 degree C. 3. Now, brush on top of chickpeas 1 teaspoon oil or toss them in a bowl. Air-fry for 5-6 minutes depending on texture you like. Totally crispy or crispy outside soft inside depending on the time. 4. Mix the spices to the crunchy air-fried chickpeas. 5. Store the chickpeas in a clean dry jar.
Read the air fryer chickpeas recipe here
Air fried chickpeas
- Air fryer
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cup chickpeas boiled/canned
Spice mix (as per your taste)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp. Dried mango powder/amchur
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder/cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt as per taste
- Boil after soaking overnight with salt/or use a can of chickpeas.
- Air-fry the chickpeas for 7-8 mins at 200 degree C.
- Brush on top of chickpeas 1 teaspoon oil or toss them in a bowl.
- Air-fry for 5-6 mins depending on texture you like. Totally crispy or crispy outside soft inside depending on the time.
- Mix spices as per taste. Store in a clean dry jar.
You can use a can of boiled chickpeas for this recipe. However, freshly boiled tastes better and works out cheaper.
You can add peri-peri or chilli flakes to make it extra spicy. Add thyme lime oregano as per your choice to make different flavors.Add an extra teaspoon salt or soup stock as per your taste.
This recipe is made in an air-fryer. However, you can use a fan-forced oven as well for this recipe. Generally it takes 30% more time than an air-fryer. We found airfryer had better results.
Store it in an air-tight jar for best results. Stays fresh for longer.
See more low oil air-fryer recipes below:
What kind of foods do you cook in your Air fryer? You can cook anything from meat , air fryer chicken to vegetarian. Crispy French fries or grilled vegetables. Cutlets to soya nuggets. Anything is possible with a spoonful of oil! Use any oil you like olive oil, rice bran or sunflower. My oil consumption went down big time after using this Ninja foodi.
What is the best Indian recipe containing chickpeas?
Other great international recipes
Click here to see more recipe videos.