Baked Pakode- Baked Onion fritters is stuff dreams are made of.
Eating oily pakode does set us back by few kilos.Most of us love those crispy fritters.There are so many types of pakodas.Onion,mixed vegetable,potatoes and even cabbage.However onion ones are most loved ones.You can make them quick.They are both vegan,nut-free and gluten-free.Hence,most people do not have a problem eating them.All inclusive junk food.Easy to prepare and if you ever make too many just dunk them in yogurt based kadhi.However,kadhi is not vegan.I have to actually stop myself from eating them when I make kadhi.
Well,most of us fall in that category.We can't stop eating it yet cant keep our weight in check.Hence we either stop eating it or keep feeling guilty.Thus bye bye frying,welcome baking 🙂
Baking them makes us happy.It also helps us watch our weight too.
Yes, it is still as yummy and as crunchy as the fried version.I do not have an air-fryer.I certainly do not want another appliance on my counter.
This recipe also ensures fritters have minimal oil in them.
Happy me and happy tummy!!
Baked Pakode- Baked Onion fritters step wise
Read the recipe of Baked Pakore
Baked Pakode- Baked Onion fritters
- 1 large onion
- ¼ cup besan / chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp chawal ka atta/ rice flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp dahi / curd
- Pinch of soda
- Salt as per taste
- Oil spray
- Slice the onion into thin rings using a mandolin slicer
- In a bowl, mix onion, salt, oil and curd.Set it aside for 30 mins. This will help release the water in the batter.
- Add the chickpea flour to the mix.
- Take out 1 spoon of onion rings with minimal batter
- In a baking tray,spread batter mix spoon
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins.
- Bake at 200-220 fan forced for 10 mins.Spray the fritters with oil spray.
- Bake for 10 mins after turning them upside down.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup & mint chutney.