Chocolate is a versatile sweet.You can never go wrong with it.Everyone loves a good bite.Be it anniversary,birthday or just a bad day.A good piece of chocolate can make your day.You may be stuck in traffic or just a be a busy bee all day.Little bit of sugary treat can make your day.It gives you that instant chocolate rush and peps your low spirits.Healthy chocolate bark is a crunchy vegan gluten-free treat.
This chocolate brittle reminds you of fruit and nut.Except that it is thin and crisp. It is crunchy and decadent.It is a great party recipe for a treat.Plus it is inclusive for all vegan and gluten free.No kid should be left out on a birthday party.
I have used semi sweet chocolate chips so no sugar needed.
If you are not sure what to do with melted chocolate leftover? Make a toffee bark.This bark recipe is yummy crisp and thin.You can make it with dark or milk chocolate.
Chocolate bark reminds me or a tree bark,dark and dense.
How to store it?
Make sure you keep this in refrigerator to avoid melting.
Easy to make and eat!
Christmas season is here again and so is cold harsh winter in many parts of the world.
Good old chocolate tree bark can lift up your spirits anytime!
Versatile chocolate delight
You can make this a day or two before any party.However,I must tell you they are very hard to resist.Add any left over nuts to the bark.You may even add pepitas, sunflower seeds.Anything you like.Dried berries,fruit,nuts,seeds,candied fruit.The more the merrier.Australian bar berries taste absolutely yum.If you do not have them handy,add dried raspberries.Any sour dried berry can give you that tartness.This will balance the sweetness of the chocolate.
Also, a great way to finish those nuts and get kids to eat them.
How to make chocolate bark?
Read the chocolate bark recipe below:
- 1 cup dark sweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of mixed berries and candied fruit
- Melt chocolate after adding coconut oil in a double boiler.(or heating in microwave for 10 seconds,mixing and heating again for 10 seconds, until the chocolate melts.Line a baking sheet on baking tray.
- Pour the melted chocolate on baking sheet.
- Add the berries and candied fruit to it.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Break it into any desired number of pieces.
- Note: This needs to remain refrigerated until you serve it as it melts fast on room temperature.
Can't get enough of chocolate? Try these recipes and have a sweet time
- Creamy chocolate ice cream
- Eggless choco-chip cookies
- Chocolate burfi
- Eggless wholemeal Choco-chip muffins
- Double layered chocolate cake(eggless)
- Orange Chocolate cream cookies
- Eggless chocolate cake with strawberries
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.