Nothing spells festive more than a Gulab jamun. Whether you make a mawa bati or a kala jamun. This is the king of Indian sweets, perfect for celebrating a special occasion. I am sure no one can deny that Indian mithai looks simple, but each has a great technique when you get down to make them.Rich Indian flavors are full of surprise, there is a delicate balance to each flavor profile. Cheesecake is a classic dessert. Whether you have a no-bake version or a baked cheesecake. There are many variations to it. The latest cool concept is making fusion recipes where you combine these two favorite desserts. Ready-made gulab jamuns served with cheesecake filling make a mighty special eggless gulab jamun cheesecake. Try this fusion dessert to make a stunning centerpiece of your party platter.
Diwali is undoubtedly the biggest festival of Indian subcontinent. It is celebrated across the world now as Indian diaspora has now spread its wings. Here are some easy dessert recipes that you can make to celebrate it in style. Jalebi Fafda, air fryer vegan gujiya (karanji), mawa gujiya,peanut chikki(praline), Instant moong dal halwa. Some great air fryer snack recipes are samosa pinwheels, patti samosa, fried moong dal, aloo paneer cutlets and fried peas.
- full fat cream cheese ( I prefer philadelphia block cheese not the spreadable one)
- heavy whipped cream
- sour cream ( light sourness for the cheesecake flavour)
- rose water / gulab jal
- few strands of saffron, soaked in 2-3 tablespoon full fat milk.
- store-bought gulab jamuns / mini Gulab jamuns
- rose petals and chopped pistachios for garnish
See recipe card for quantities.
Beat the cream cheese with sugar first, add rose water,saffron with milk ,sour cream to the mix.Whip the cream and add it to sour cream mix.Once this is done ,pipe them in a small bowl and top with a gulab jamun. Garnish with chopped pistachios and rose petals.
1.Add cream cheese blocks in a bowl of electric mixer
2. Add powdered sugar and start beating this on on medium speed until soft.
3.Add sour cream, rose water to the mix once it is soft
4. Also add the saffron milk mixture and beat it for few minutes until its well combined..
5. In a seperate bowl,add the whipping cream
6. Start beating with hand mixer or stand mixer until you get soft peaks
7. Add this whipping cream to the cream cheese mix.
8. Pipe the mix in a small bowls/jars that you will use for serving them
9. Place the juicy gulab jamuns on top.
10. Garnish them with chopped pistachios and rose petals, refrigerate them for later use or serve instantly. They go fine in the fridge for atleast 2 days.
You can also grind graham crackers or digestive biscuits and place it as the bottom most layer of the cheese cake recipe. Biscuit layer helps you make a full size cheesecake, in a cheesecake pan or springform pan.
You may make eggless mini gulab jamun cheesecake using smaller juicy gulab jamun.
- You may use a teaspoon cardamom powder in the frosting, if you do not have saffron milk.
- If you like things really sweet, you may add some Gulab jamun syrup from the grocery store.
- can opener
- glass jar
- stand mixer / hand mixer
- small bowl
- piping bag
- wilton icing tip
Store cheesecake recipes in a refrigerator until ready to serve.
Do not over whip your cream cheese.
The mixture is very runny. If the temperature of ingredients is too warm, it will not set.
Use heavy cream and full-fat cream cheese.
Yes until one hour.If you freeze for longer, it will be too solid.
Over mixing a cheesecake filling incorporates too much air, which the heavy base can't hold. That may make if rise and fall and change the texture. Water in the cream cheese comes out and that makes for a grainy texture & wet filling.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Gulab jamun shots recipe | no bake Gulab jamun cheesecake recipe
- stand mixer
- hand mixer for whipping cream, or you can use stand mixer
- wilton icing tip
- piping bag
- glass jars
- can opener
- 1 block cream cheese 1 block is 250 grams,use them at room tempreture
- ¼ cup sugar powdered
- ½ tbsp. rose water / gulab jal
- 1.5 tbsp. sour cream optional,used for light sourness, you can use few drops of lemin juice.
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream or thickened cream for whipping,use chilled
- 8-10 strands Saffron soaked in 2-3 tablespoon milk.
- 1 tin gulab jamuns 1 gulab jamun tin has 15-16 gulab jamuns
- Add cream cheese blocks in a bowl of electric mixer
- Add powdered sugar and start beating this on on medium speed until soft.
- Add sour cream, rose water to the mix once it is soft,Also add the saffron milk mixture and beat it for few minutes until its well combined
- In a seperate bowl,add the whipping cream,Start beating with hand mixer or stand mixer until you get soft peaks
- Add this whipping cream to the cream cheese mix,Pipe the mix in a small bowls/jars that you will use for serving them
- Place the juicy gulab jamuns on top.Garnish them with chopped pistachios and rose petals, refrigerate them for later use or serve instantly. They go fine in the fridge for atleast 2 days.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
Conclusion: Gulab jamun shots takes your traditional dessert to a new level. No bake Gulab jamun cheese cake is definitely a wow factor on your Diwali party menu!