Apple honey cake is a simple fruit based cake.Cakes and biscuits are great desserts. However, cake need not be all creamy and chocolate. Fruit based cakes are a great dessert too. Great way to use surplus fruit and satisfy your toddler's cravings. It also helps me avoid chocolate based cake for him. Chocolate is reserved for special occasionsEspecially, if you love having cakes but want to watch your weight. Bake a chocolate, creamy cake for special occasion. Fruit based cake can help you use the extra fruit at home too. Apple honey and cinnamon is a classic combination. Cinnamon powder gives it a great flavor. Honey means no need to add extra sugar. If you have a sweet tooth too, this cake is one you will make time and again. I love baking this cake as a muffin. It is great for tiffin especially if you have kids going to school. Goes perfectly in their bento box. Garnish it with seeds, walnuts or apple slices whatever is your choice.
Many people are allergic to eggs or some avoid it for religious/ethical reasons. That doesn't mean they need to let go of their sweet cravings. Eggless baking has been a trend in Indian sub-continent for ages. Soft moist cakes of Iyengar bakeries have always been around. Thankfully vegan cooking is on the rise. Hence, we all who do not eat eggs can now get something from bakery too. However if you love your veg cake, make this recipe and enjoy it. Apple sauce is also good alternative to eggs. So are overripe bananas. Flax seed meal, Chia seed meal, pureed pumpkin and avocado, apple cider vinegar and milk mix, aquafaba, silken tofu. Here we have used apple + milk mixture to make a cake. Generally, people think you need eggs to make moist cakes. However, eggless cakes are good soft ones too.
- Peel and steam the apple after removing the seeds. Puree it along with milk. Add vinegar once milk puree is ready.
2. Add the apple milk mixture to flour
3.Add honey to the bowl.
4. Add oil to the bowl.
5. Mix them together. Meanwhile, preheat the oven for 5 mins.
6. Pour it into muffin cups.
7. Optionally, garnish it with chopped walnuts.
8. Bake them at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins or until toothpick comes clean. Serve with love!
Read eggless apple muffins recipe below:
Eggless apple honey cake
- 2-¼ cup atta/wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup apple
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder optional
- Steam 3 apples in a steamer for 15-20 mins.Peel them once cool.
- Blend apples with milk to make a smooth sauce.
- Add 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar once done.
- Sift and mix wholemeal flour,baking soda together.
- Now add honey,oil,cinnamon powder and apple sauce to make a gooey batter.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 mins.
- In a cake tin,grease the sides and pour batter in it.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins. Check with a toothpick ,until it comes clean and there is no batter sticking to it. Serve once it cools.
Click here to see more eggless cake recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.