Apple honey cake is a simple fruit based cake. Cakes and biscuits are great desserts. However, cake need not be all creamy and chocolate. Fruit based cakes are a great dessert too. A great way to use surplus fruit is baking eggless apple muffins. This helps satisfy your toddler's cravings. It also helps me avoid chocolate based cake. Chocolate is reserved for special occasions. Especially, if you love having cakes but want to watch your weight. Bake a chocolate, creamy cake for special occasion.
Apple honey and cinnamon is a classic combination. Cinnamon powder gives it a great flavor. Honey means no need to add extra sugar. If you have a sweet tooth too, this cake is one you will make time and again. I love baking this cake as a muffin. It is great for tiffin especially if you have kids going to school. Goes perfectly in their bento box. Garnish it with seeds, walnuts or fruit slices whatever is your choice. Eggless apple muffins are soft and moist and perfect for that sweet craving.
Many people are allergic to eggs or some avoid it for religious/ethical reasons. That doesn't mean they need to let go of their sweet cravings. Eggless baking has been a trend in Indian sub-continent for ages. Soft moist cakes of Iyengar bakeries have always been around. Thankfully vegan cooking is on the rise. Hence, we all who do not eat eggs can now get something from bakery too. However if you love your veg cake, make this recipe and enjoy it. Applesauce is also good alternative to eggs. So are overripe bananas. Flax seed meal, Chia seed meal, pureed pumpkin and avocado, cider vinegar and milk mix, aquafaba, silken tofu. Here we have used apple + milk mixture to make a cake. Generally, people think you need eggs to make moist cakes. However, eggless cakes are good soft ones too.
cinnamon powder optional
- Peel and steam the apples after removing the seeds. Puree it along with milk. Add vinegar once milk puree is ready.
2. Add the apple milk mixture to flour
3.Add honey to the bowl.
4. Add oil to the bowl.
5. Mix them together. Meanwhile, preheat the oven for 5 mins.
6. Pour it into muffin cups.
7. Optionally, garnish it with chopped walnuts.
8. Bake them at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins or until toothpick comes clean. Serve with love!
Read the recipe below:
Eggless apple muffins
- fan-forced oven
- 2-¼ cup atta/wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup apple
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder optional
- Steam 3 apples in a steamer for 15-20 mins.Peel them once cool.
- Blend apples with milk to make a smooth sauce.
- Add 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar once done.
- Sift and mix wholemeal flour,baking soda together.
- Now add honey,oil,cinnamon powder and apple sauce to make a gooey batter.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 mins.
- In a cake tin,grease the sides and pour batter in it.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins. Check with a toothpick ,until it comes clean and there is no batter sticking to it. Serve once it cools.
What can I bake If I don't have eggs?
Muffins are a perfect treat for an outdoor picnic or a school lunchbox. If you want to try baking with fruits, banana walnut cake are a great recipe to start with. They help you fight food waste too as you can use any overripe banana to make it, which otherwise would have gone to bin. Chocolate walnut cake is a great way to use nuts. Blueberry cake is a great way to use berries frozen of fresh for a fruit based treat.
Do try these wholemeal chocolate muffins too. Eggless vegetarian moist muffins will make your day!
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.