There is nothing better than a cup cake to lift your mood. Muffins are a thing of joy! Whatever be the season, you will need no reason to enjoy them. You may be tired and exhausted but they get you going. A strong cup of coffee and a good large gooey chocolatey cup cake. Double chocolate muffins are even better. Cocoa powder combined with chunks of chocolate chips. The dough is so good that you end up eating the left-over even before oven starts to bake. It took us a while but we finally made a good yummy muffin. These bakery style easy chocolate muffins are even better. They are whole-meal and egg-less.
What are the disadvantages of commercial cakes?
Yes, the only sad part of cakes, is the use of plain flour and too much sugar. It does no good for your body.
Whole wheat flour/atta is much better than plain flour/maida. Latter being very refined in comparison. This leads to a loss of fibre and important nutrients.
Bakery made commercial cup cakes are great once a while. However, you cannot control the sugar content. Usually, they are made of eggs so people with allergies look for a vegan option.
what's the secret of a good chocolatey muffin? Tips and tricks to make that perfect double chocolate cup cake.
- Always check the expiry date of your ingredients. Store them correctly.
- Keep everything ready before you start making the batter. This ensures you do not end up mixing too much, which in turn alters the end results.
- Mix the dry ingredients first after sifting. Then, add the wet ingredients.
- Ensure the batter comes together before you pour into cup cake liners.
- You should be able to pour your batter once ready. If it is too thick and dense, you will end up with dry muffins. Adjust the liquid content according to the nature of the batter.
- Try to pour the batter with a large spatula into each muffin liner evenly. If you end up filling one more than the other, it wont look even and bake evenly. Hence, pour equal amounts one by one. Later top up to adjust the quantity.
- Always give them a little tap on your counter once you fill them evenly. This helps remove any air bubbles.
- Also, ALWAYS preheat your oven at least for 4-5 minutes.
- Never open and close the oven very fast when you are checking your results. This can result in muffins rising and then falling flat. That is quite depressing though it may still taste good.
- Always prick with a tooth-pick on all the cup cakes to see if they are evenly baked. Let them rest at least 10- 15 mins before you cut. I KNOW that this is the hardest part. Especially if you have kids who cannot wait for it to be ready. Keep them distracted for a little while. This will stop them from crumbling when you are ready to cut.
Happy baking !
Want to learn how to make perfect double chocolate muffins? See the steps and the recipe below:
Perfect egg-less chocolate muffin recipe step wise:
1.Add apple cider vinegar to lukewarm(not hot) milk so that it just curdles a bit
2.Sift the dry ingredients.
3.Add milk & vinegar mix.
4.Add oil. Mix all the ingredients.
5.Pour the batter evenly in a cup cake liner. Give it a tap to adjust the batter evenly in the muffin tray. Bake in oven @ 160 deg C (fan forced ) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Read the recipe of easy chocolate cup cakes below
easy chocolate muffins (whole meal + eggless)
- stand mixer/ whisk
- 2 cups atta/wholemeal flour
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup sugar powdered
- 2 cups milk (milk+vinegar)
- 2-3 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar/lemon juice
- ¾ cup oil
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 mins.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm milk to make a frothy buttermilk.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.Keep it aside.
- Add the butter milk to above dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once they start combining, add oil and whisk in the mixer until it comes together as a batter. It should be pouring consistency. If you feel it is too thick, add few spoons of milk and whisk again.
- Pour the batter evenly in a cup cake liner and give it a tap to adjust the batter evenly in the muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins for 10 mins and take them out.
- Now, garnish them with chocolate chips and bake them for 20-25 mins or until toothpick comes clean. Ensure they are more in the middle and not side as the chips will melt and overflow if they are on a side once you bake again.
- Let it rest for 10-15 mins before you serve. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or whipped cream as per choice.
Try these interesting eggless cake recipes
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.