Banana is a fruit easily available almost everywhere.Probably,the greatest source of natural sugar.It is a perfect solution when you want to have instant energy.Furthermore,it is a powerhouse of potassium,vitamin B6,manganese and fiber.However,overripe bananas pose a challenge to eat because they are pulpy and soft.Also spots show up on its skin thereby making them an eyesore.However,you can make a delicious goodies instead of throwing it.
Eggless Banana walnut cake is the alternative to commercially made cakes.You also avoid preservatives and commercial additives.
This is just recipe for you if you like to have some cake or bread with tea.
Egg allergies and Advantages of home baking
Some people may be allergic to yeast or eggs.Usually bakers glaze egg whites and gelatin to give bread a beautiful finish.
They may experience flatulence,bloating and gastric trouble.Also may face stomach ache and cramps.
Yes,with this recipe can still have your cake and eat it too.Make them on the weekend and enjoy.You may also tweak recipes according to your health constraints and still enjoy life.As a result, you get a non-commercial healthy cake and also no added chemicals means it is healthy.
You may also pour the batter into muffin cups.Carry it to work for on-the-go brekkie.
click on the below link to watch the Eggless Banana Walnut Cake video
Read the written recipe for Eggless Banana Walnut Cake below:
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
- 1 ¼ cup self raising flour
- 2 medium size banana
- 1 ¼ cup atta or wholemeal flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup +2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp butter for brushing on the top
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Walnuts for garnish
- In a bowl,mix both flours and sift well.
- Add baking soda,baking powder and vanilla essence to it to form a mix.
- In a food processor,add bananas with milk and sugar.
- Blend it until it forms a homogeneous mixture.
- Now,add this liquid mix to dry ingredients and melted butter.
- Mix well with a spatula so that it forms a gooey dough
- Pour the dough in the loaf tin.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven for 5 mins.
- Bake the dough for 40 mins at 180 degrees celsius or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before you serve.
You may add 1-2 drops of vanilla bean paste if required.
Need more banana recipes?
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Finally click here to watch additional sweet videos.