Black forest cherry cake is one of the sweetest surprises you can give to your beloved. It is creamy yummy cake which can make you fall in love all over again. Most kids love this cake too. Best part of home baking is it makes your house filled with warm sweet smell of a fresh baked cake. Compliments received are just the cherry on top. This cake has been sold as eggless pastries in all cake shops.
Eggless black forest gateau is for keeps. Moist black forest cake recipe fills your heart with pride when you make at home.
Eggless whole meal baking
We had been thinking for a while to make an all whole-meal cake. Hence, kept working on a recipe which uses atta instead of maida or plain flour. Also, many people do not have an access to self raising flour yet want to make soft cakes. We always want kids to eat healthy.in our childhood our options as well as eating outside was limited. This was a blessing in disguise. We hardly ate food outside. Most of the time neighbors kept sharing recipes and there was always so much variety at home. I am blessed to have a childhood where we were pampered by aunts with food food and more food! Living outside has its own disadvantages, smaller friend circle and thus you have to make everything from scratch.
Thus I try to share with as many friends as possible.
Too much of plain flour is bad for health. Most kids suffer from constipation due to market based food. Hence the need for healthy baking!
Secret to perfect vegetarian black forest recipe
The secret to this perfect cake is ensuring enough time to set the cream and also using the best cherries and chocolate for ganache. It is the perfect eggless birthday cake recipe.
Wait.. that is the hardest part since you can't wait to eat it as it looks so yummy!
Always remember using the best ingredients definitely results in a great cake.
How to make eggless black forest cake at home?
1.Sieve the flour with baking soda
2.Mix cocoa powder
3.Mix vinegar with warm milk
4.Add other wet ingredients
5. Slowly add dry ingredients
6.Pour the ingredients in a 2 seperate baking tins lined with baking paper,cook at 160 C(fan forced) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keep the cake aside to cool down
How to decorate the black forest cake ?
1.Chocolate bark: This is a very easy step, just cook some dark chocolate with cream in microwave or a double boiler. Pour this on a baking sheet and allow to cool in a fridge. Once done, break into pieces, keep it into the fridge.
2. If you have baked a single cake, cut the cake slices into 2 and spread the strawberry jam on the cake slices
3. Meanwhile, whip the cream with powdered sugar for the icing
4.Spread the icing on the cake and spread evenly.
5.Decorate with the chocolate bark and garnish with cherries. Keep it in fridge else the cream will start melting.
Read the eggless black forest cake recipe￼
Eggless Black forest cake
For cake: (Double layer)
- 3 cup wholemeal flour aata
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pure cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cup milk with 4 tsp vinegar at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup oil
- 1 tbsp. oil/butter for greasing
- 1 cup orange juice with 1 tbsp sugar optional
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 10-12 maraschino cherries for garnish
- 1 small milk/dark chocolate for garnish
- 1 cup strawberry sauce/jam for filling
- Mix milk(at room temperature) with vinegar and keep it aside for few minutes to curdle.
- Sift flour and baking soda,add cocoa powder and sugar.
- Mix well after adding milk-vinegar mixture until you get a smooth consistency.
- Grease the cake tin(preferable wide and square/rectangle) with oil/butter.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes(at 160 degree C) or till a knife tip comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and turn the pan upside down on a large plate and tap slightly on the bottom of the pan to unmould the cake.
- Cut into 2 pieces of equal height..
- Heat the orange juice in a pan,set aside to cool
- Using a brush,apply the juice on the cake slices(this will keep them moist)
- Using an electric had mixer, set on high speed, whip the cream with sugar,until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.Do not overbeat.
- Spread ⅓ cream mix on 1 cake or the strawberry jam on the cake.
- Add the second layer of cake,spread ⅓rd of whipped cream evenly on the cake.
- Use the remaining cream to add that to a tipped cone,use this to create some design/pattern on the cake.
- Grate a dark chocolate block with mandolin slicer.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Click here for more cakes.
Also, click here for more recipe videos.