Eggless double layered chocolate cake. Yummy and fabulous! Sinful and delicious!
You may adore it or you may eat a spoonful, yet you never get over it. You will also have a great dessert for any party if you may wish to make it at home. Most people love a chocolate cake and they cannot say no to it. You may make it for a party or even just for a loved one's birthday or anniversary. After all, there is nothing better than a slice of chocolate cake for a pick me up. However, most market based cakes have eggs in it. Also, you may not be able to control the sugar content and preservatives in it. Hence homemade cakes are always the best. You know what goes into them and you know it is best for the family. Especially when you are serving it to kids who are more susceptible to much more than the rest. Yet they want it the most and do not stop at a slice.
After all cake is a cake.. We all want it and more even if we have restrictions.
Egg allergies and digestion issues
Many of us suffer from egg allergies while some do not want to eat it due to religious reasons. Hence it becomes difficult to eat outside because you always do not have a vegan bakery around. Alternatively, you may best satisfy your sweet tooth at home. Especially, when it is Christmas and Easter. It is after all a time of feasts and make merry. A time for taking holidays and making some special memories. It is also a time for fun and of quality family time together. After all, family and friends are what counts in a busy life. There is nothing better in life than sharing food you love with friends and family.
When people come together, probably there is nothing better than having a huge platter of food and a yummy dessert. After all we do not need a reason to eat a sweet especially if you have a sweet tooth. You may never need a reason then to eat a sweet then. Eggless chocolate cake. It is finally a recipe to bring you compliments from all even if they may not agree on everything. Loads of compliments and brownie points are always welcome. After all, we all want some appreciation.
Step by step pictures to prepare the eggless chocolate cake
Step to prepare the ganache
Read the Eggless double layered chocolate cake recipe below:
Eggless double layered chocolate cake
For cake:(For 2 cakes)
- 300 gm dark chocolate
- ½ cup +2 tablespoon cream
Eggless sponge cake
- Mix milk(at room temperature) with vinegar and keep it aside for few minutes to curdle.
- Sift flour and baking soda,add cocoa powder and sugar.
- Mix well after adding milk-vinegar mixture until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into 2 different cake tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes(at 160 degree C) or till a knife tip comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and turn the pan upside down on a large plate and tap slightly on the bottom of the pan to unmould the cake.
- Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Mix cooking chocolate (or you may use chocolate melts) with heavy cream.
- Cook in a microwave for 1 minute.Alternatively you may use a double boiler or steamer to melt the chocolate on slow heat on gas stove
- Stir and cook for 1 minute or you can just pour hot cream on chocolate
- Mix well with spatula and do not use whisk that may add bubbles.
- Cover with a cling wrap and ensure it touches top of chocolate mix.
- This ensures that there is no dry crust on top.
- Let this sit for at least 12 hours at room temperature @ around 20-25 degrees C.
- If it is too hot and then refrigerate 30 minutes to get a spreadable consistency.
- If ganache is not spreadable,you may heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Mix with a spatula and spread on cake.
- This may be bit shiny(especially if heated in microwave) at start.
- However, you get nice consistency when it sets after 10 minutes.
- Place second layer of cake on top.
- Spread chocolate ganache evenly.
- Garnish with berries and refrigerate 1 hour before you serve.
- Serve it with ice cream and hot chocolate sauce as per your choice.
Try this interesting eggless chocolate cake recipes
- Chocolate strawberry cake
- Chocolate muffins
- Chocolate marble cake
- Chocolate walnut cake
- Blackforest cake
Click here to see additional cake recipes.
Click here to watch additional recipe videos.