Khoya matar makhana curry is an easy creamy curry. Khoya vegetable recipes are simple. Delicious yet simple to cook. Tastes great with poori, roti or paratha. Khoya/mawa is easy to make at home if you do not want to buy from dairy. Getting it ready made will only Frozen peas and fox-nuts make a great combination in a tomato gravy. You may make matar makhana or paneer makhana curry if you have paneer handy too. This is a simple recipe when you are bored of eating other veggies. It cooks fast and tastes rich too.
Step by Step pictures of Khoya matar makhana sabzi recipe
- Toast fox nuts and keep it aside.
2. Cook onions, ginger & chillies until brown.
3. Add tomatoes to it and let it cook until rawness disappears and tomatoes soften. Add peas and spices.
4. Now, add crumbled khoya to the tomato mix and cook for few minutes.
5. Add fox nuts to it and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot with roti.
Benefits of Fox nuts/Makhane/Lotus seeds
Fox nuts are great for kids too. However, one must just press them with a thumb to give young ones small pieces to avoid choking. It tastes great when simply toasted in olive oil & salt for vegans. They are great for tea-time. You can even have them as a kheer, milk based easy dessert if you are not vegan. It gives a great creamy texture when cooked with milk.
Fox nuts or phool makhaana are a good source of protein. They are also rich in magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. It is very high in fiber. It has nutrients higher than almonds and walnuts. Also, it is very low in calories. Additionally, it enables weight loss.
You can also make a trail mix/chivda if you do not want to add dairy to your diet. Also, helps you avoid extra calories of cookies and mixtures.
Read the recipe of Khoya matar makhana sabzi
Khoya makhana sabzi-Foxnut curry
- 1 cup khoya refer to homemade recipe link in notes
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- 2 small onions chopped
- 1 piece ginger chopped
- 1-2 chopped chillies
- 2 cup fox nuts/makhana
- ½ cup peas
- 1 tsp turmeric/haldi
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- 1 tbsp coriander powder/dhania
- 1 tsp red chilli powder/Mirchi
- Toast the fox-nuts for 2-3 mins and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and chopped onions along with ginger and chilli to it.Cook until brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it and cook until they soften.
- Now,add the spices and cook until rawness disappears and oil starts to ooze out
- Add water,peas and let it come to a boil.
- Add the crumbed khoya and toasted foxnuts.Cook for 5 mins,turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with roti/poori.
Here are some easy curries for lunch:
Click here to see more recipe videos.