How to make mawa in microwave or how to make instant khoya
The answer to this question is simple. It also needs minimal ingredients.The core ingredients are
This way it helps me enjoy many sweets even outside India.
'Mawa' or 'khoya' is a critical ingredient in many Indian sweets. There are many khoya recipes. Be it mango peda or 'mathura peda'.Chocolate barfi or gulab jamun. Be it mawa modak or mawa gujiya'.Kofte, Mohanthal or laddu.Add to make your gajar ka halwa extra yummy. Mawa recipes are always my favorite.
How to get Mawa?
- Buy it from a dairy nearby. However, nowadays its better to use homemade.
- You can make it from milk as in the traditional method. However ,it needs time.
- You can also make khoya with condensed milk. Sadly, you cannot control sugar in it.
- Make it with unsweetened milk powder using microwave.
- You may also use evaporated milk to make khoya
How to make mawa or khoya from milk powder?
There are 3 methods to make mawa
- A traditional method of making 'mawa' is quite time taking. You need to boil milk and let it simmer for hours to reduce it.
- You can also make in microwave. It is more convenient. You only need some ghee, milk powder and cream. You just need 5 minutes to make this filling in the below method. This helps you prepare lot many recipes with khoya in a short time.
- You can also make this in a steamer. Just the same ingredients .Mix and steam in the steamer for around 15 minutes. Mix again with spoon. No sugar added. Add according to your taste.
Benefits of making mawa at home or instant khoya
- Easy and convenient.
- You know about the purity.
- You do not need to rush to market for getting mawa.
- Also, if you stay in a place, where it is not easily available, you do not have to despair.
- You can finally finish the unsweetened instant milk powder carton lying in your kitchen
Steps by step pictures
Read recipe to make instant khoya using microwave or steamer
How to make mawa in microwave or steamer
- 2 cup unsweetened milk powder
- 3-4 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 2/3 cup full fat milk cream
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and mix well or cover & cook in steamer for 15 minutes.
- If you find it tough, add 1 tbsp cream when its still hot.
- Refrigerate once it cools.
Click here to see more sweet recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our channel "secondrecipe".