How to make mawa in microwave?The answer to this question is simple and also with minimal ingredients.It helps me enjoy many sweets even outside India.'Mawa' or 'khoya' is a critical ingredient in many Indian sweets.There are many khoya recipes like 'peda','barfi','halwa','mawa modak','gujiya','kofta','mohanthal','laddoo'.Mawa recipes are always my favorite.
How to get Mawa?
- Buy it from a dairy nearby.However these days you can never say about the purity even in India.
- You can make it from milk as in the traditional method.However it is very time taking so can be made only in advance.
- You can also make khoya with condensed milk.However,you cannot control sugar in it.
- Make it with unsweetened milk powder using microwave.
- You may also use evaporated milk to make khoya
- Use milk that has spoiled.
Advantages of making mawa at home
Easy and convenient.
You know about the purity.
You do not need to rush to market for getting mawa.
Also,if you stay in a place, where it is not easily available,you do not have to despair.
You can finally finish the unsweetened instant milk powder carton lying in your kitchen.
How to make mawa from milk powder?
The traditional method of making 'mawa' is quite time taking.
However, making in microwave is convenient.You only need some ghee,milk powder and cream.
You just need 5 minutes to make this filling in the below method.This helps you prepare lot many recipes with khoya in a short time.
Update:You can also make this in a steamer. Just the same ingredients and cook in the steamer for around 15 minutes.
Steps by step pictures of making the mawa
Scroll below to learn how to make instant mawa in microwave
Click here to see more sweet recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our channel "secondrecipe".