All of us love to party whether it is an office gig or just at home. No party is complete without a great starter. There is no starter like chicken and tandoori paneer tikka. The whole Europe is crazy about this recipe. Well you can't blame them for it. After all, India stays with you even if you left it centuries ago. We can easily make this at home. Grilled paneer skewers just win the world over. Vegetarians love marinated and grilled veggies. Just as much as the non vegetarians love their meat. This smoky cubes of cottage cheese makes a great Punjabi recipe. You can have it as a starter or as a main course dish Paneer tikka masala. Just add gravy to the starter and have it with some tandoori roti.
Grilling it in a fan forced oven at home, gives the dish a great finish. It is an easy to cook starter. You can pair it with mint chutney or tomato sauce. Serve it hot. It is kid friendly and gluten-free. You can alter the heat using the chilly in it.
All you need is to make cottage cheese in advance. You can also buy it from dairy nearby. If you want u can replace the cheese with halloumi or tofu to get similar results.
What is the different between paneer tikka and paneer tikka masala ?
Paneer tikka is the dry started like the current recipe you are reading, however paneer tikka masala is the curry version.
You can just transfer the cooked paneer tikka to the tomato & onion curry , and you get paneer tikka masala.
You may refer to the recipe here : https://www.secondrecipe.com/paneer-tikka-masala/
How to make paneer tikka ?
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bow
- Whisk to a smooth mixture
3.Cut the veggies and add some marinade to the bowl.
4.Marinate the paneer pieces in the marinate mix for 4 hours or more.
5.Line up the paneer and veggies in wooden skewers,grill them in oven.
Get the recipe
Paneer Tikka - Grilled cottage cheese
- 400 grams cottage cheese/paneer cubed
- 2 capsicums/peppers 1 red and 1 green diced
- 1 onion diced/few baby onions
- ½ cup hung yogurt/greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera
- Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour/besan
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp mustard oil + extra oil for brushing
- Wooden skewers soaked in water
- Mix all ingredients for marination and make a paste.
- Dip cottage cheese pieces in the marination paste and refrigerate overnight(min. 4 hrs)
- Arrange cottage cheese on skewer.
- Dip the onions and capsicums in the remaining paste of cottage cheese and arrange on skewer alternatively to cottage cheese pieces.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius(Fan forced).
- Grill them for 8 minutes first and 3-4 minutes using the top grill option.(Oven broiler option)
- Serve hot with mint chutney
You can make the paneer at home using the recipe given in a link or you can just buy it fresh from dairy or supermarket.
You may use other veggies like broccoli,baby corns etc and add a pinch of garam masala if required. You may replace mustard oil with any other vegetable oil.
Try more cottage cheese starters
Read our falhari tikka recipe here : https://www.secondrecipe.com/falhari-tikka/
Click here for additional Paneer recipes
Also, click here for more recipe videos.