Sattu ki barfi is an easy sweet.Few ingredients and maximum taste.These days one doesn't have too much time.People are so busy.Yet most of us want to eat healthy.That includes everything from salad to sweets.
There is nothing better than making them at home.You know what goes in it when you make it from scratch.
This recipe is similar to Mohanthal.It has a goodness of sattu and is loaded with ghee and nuts.
Luckily all the old recipes are now getting popular again.After all. traditional recipes have their own following.
Just melts into your mouth 🙂
Sattu and rustic Bihari cuisine
Sattu is a mix of roasted cereal and chickpea flour.
Thus,super yummy and healthy.
Sattu is always a part of hostel goers coming from Bihar too.Special love from home no matter how far you may go for the daily bread.
Thus it has become widely popular even with other communities.
Read the recipe of sattu ki barfi below:
sattu ki barfi
- 2.5 cup sattu with 3 tbsp ghee & 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup ghee
- 1.25 cup water with 1.25 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Mix the sattu with milk and ghee, mix them well.
- Pass them through a sieve so that the final mixture has no lumps
- Heat 1 cup ghee in a pan, add the sattu mix.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes ,add the rose water,keep it aside to cool
- Heat the sugar and water until the syrup reduces to atleast 1.5 string consistency.
- Add the sugar syrup to the cooled sattu mix and keep stirring for few minutes until the mix cools down.
- As the mix cools down, it will start to thicken and the consistency will be of like 'suji halwa'
- Spread the the chopped dry fruits in a tray/dish greased wtith,spread the mix on top
- Let it cool down/set for couple of hours.
- Take out the cooled mix by inverting the tray/dish
- Cut in desired shapes,store in an airtight container.
Click here to see more sweet recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.