There is a sweet which is synonymous with festivals across India-‘Besan Laddoo‘.It can be made with minimum ingredients,is easy to cook and full of protein. Laddoo and Modak have always been associated with Lord Ganesh and are very popular sweet in Pandals.It is huge hit with kids.Here is a recipe for besan laddoo which requires more resting time than roasting and you can make it easily for any ‘pooja‘ or ‘havan‘ at home along with other ‘prasadam‘ recipes for ‘naivedyam‘.You can make them an evening earlier to any birthday party or just for any gathering at home and save yourself from last day effort of making dessert.It is an easy recipe and can be made with little effort.You will love the nutty flavor of this recipe and kids will love this too.
Scroll below to read the recipe of yummy Besan laddoo:
- 2 cup besan or garbanzo bean flour/chickpea flour
- 1 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Handful of sliced almonds or pistachios for garnish(optional)
- Mix besan with ghee and milk.
- Keep it aside for 3 hours.
- Now roast this till it goes brown and you can get nutty smell.
- Keep it aside to cool down and add sugar to this mix.
- Shape them into small balls.
- Garnish them with dry fruits.(optional)
- Store them in an airtight container.
- you can also shape it into any desired shapes if you have any mould.