Thooma ware chawar or Sindhi green garlic rice is delicately spiced Sindhi recipe.During winters this is surely part of any Sindhi rasoi menu.You can pair it with any lentil or curry.It is a great vegan option.You can pair it with yogurt or raita if you are not avoiding dairy.It also makes a great combination with spicy fish curry.I am a vegetarian and I also love vegan food.I like eating it with a good bowl of spinach lentil curry /dal palak or sai bhaji.
It is a great dinner recipe for winters.Saawa chaanwara or Thoom ware chawara are easy to cook.
These rice recipes when you come home after a long day at work.You get garlic chives easily outside India too.Hence,taste of home is never far away.After all food is a huge part of our memories.
Fresh garlic is a treat to work with.You love it once you taste it.Many communities use it.Some for chutney or while others for undhiyu.
It is also a great option to make a vegetable pilaf.You can also add some fried cashews and raisins optionally.
Steps to make green garlic rice
Scroll below to read the Sindhi green garlic rice recipe:
Thoom ware Chawar - sindhi green garlic rice
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup garlic chives chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Soak rice in water for atleast 30 minutes, wash with fresh water for 3-4 times.
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds , allow them to splutter
- Add green garlic and let it saute for 8-10 minutes until the garlic is cooked.
- Add turmeric,salt and rice.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook the rice in a covered vessel.
- Once cooked, add few drop of lemon juice,to prevent rice from sticking.
- Serve with dry potato curry/spinach curry
For more rice dishes click rice bowl.
To see more unique Sindhi recipes click Sindhi
Finally for more recipe videos click recipe