Love bagels but not sure what you can make out of them. Air fryer bagels are your solution. Not only are they healthier, but it's so easy to make them and they're toast just right.
Its easy to make mini pizzas from bagels in 3-4 minutes.This is a simple meal to make with your favorite toppings.You need simple ingredients for homemade bagel pizzas
Here, we'll also look at tips for the perfect toast, and some amazing toppings to make breakfast even better. Get ready to get your bagel cravings handled in a healthier way with air fryer bagels.
They are an interesting concept, quite a favourite with young crowd these days. Bread with a hole, yet totally wholesome. bagels are great for breakfast or tea. You can even have them for dinner with a big bowl of adzuki beans soup or a wholesome easy lentil soup.
I love buying bagels from 5 & dime which make authentic bagels NYC style. Their blueberry and jalapeño bagels are just awesome. They have so many bagel toppings like poppy seeds, sesame, cheese. While I love having a bagel at a cafe, sometimes you are hard pressed for time and you get them home. If you were wondering how long. Scroll below to see how long to air fry your bagel and get the perfect crisp and golden brown.
Air fryer ( I use the ninja foodi air fryer )
The below ingredients for air fryer pizza bagels
- Bagels or mini bagels or bagel halves (bagels cut into 2 slices)
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce or any favorite pizza sauce
Refer to the below for detailed step-by-step instructions for homemade pizza bagels
Cut the bagels in 2 pieces,spread the tomato sauce on the bagels
Top these mini pizza bagels with mozarella cheese
Place the air fryer bagel pizzas in a single layer in the air fryer.
In a preheated air fryer for 5 minutes at 400F/210C or the Grill option, cook for 5-6 minutes(if using air fryer at 400C/210C) or 2-3 minutes if using the grill option.
Do you toast store bought bagels?
A bagel is fresh and can be eaten as is, when baked < 6 hours earlier. Toast them otherwise.
You can freeze fresh bagels for 3-4 months after wrapping them in a plastic wrap, foil or beeswax paper.
Store homemade pizza bagels in an airtight container for 2-3 days,reheat them in the airfryer for 1 minutes (in a preheated air fryer)
You can also air fry frozen bagels.
Variation - Air fryer bagel toast
You can toast these bagels in the airfryer as well.Just use the grill option or airfryer option with 210C/400F. If the airfryer is preheated, then you need 2 minutes with the grill option and 3-4 minutes in the air fryer option.
Enjoy these with a cheese slice.
You can also use cinnamon bagels, blueberry bagel or poppy seed bagels for this recipe.
Most of them are vegan. However, store bought bagels might have different toppings and may not be vegan or vegetarian.
Preheat the air fryer for 180C| 355 F. Toast bagels for 5 minutes after smearing butter or olive oil.a
Place the bagel under running water for 30 seconds. Air fry them or heat them in a preheated air fryer for 4-5 minutes at 180C| 355F .
Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion and garlic flakes, and flakey sea salt makes it one of the most loved bagel toppings. These bagels tastes great with Greek yogurt.
New York bagels are boiled after dough is rolled before being baked. Hence, they are softer.
No, traditionally NYC bagels are not gluten free. However, we do get gluten free bagels in market these days.
Related air fryer recipes
- Chilli cheese toast
- grilled veggie sandwich | air fryer sandwich
- Shahi tukda recipe | Shahi toast recipe (Air fry / Fry)
- Air fried Potato Curly fries | Air fryer Aloo lachha
- Air fryer potato wedges | air fried potato wedges
- English muffins in air fryer
Air fryer pizza bagels recipe
- pastry brush
- 2 bagels
- 4 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoon mozzarella cheesw or any pizza blend
For pizza bagels
- Cut the bagels in 2 pieces,spread the tomato sauce on the bagels
- Top these mini pizza bagels with mozarella cheese
- Place the air fryer bagel pizzas in a single layer in the air fryer.
- In a preheated air fryer for 5 minutes at 400F/210C or the Grill option, cook for 5-6 minutes(if using air fryer at 400C/210C) or 2-3 minutes if using the grill option.
For air fryer pizza bagels
- Slice bagels in half.
- Use the grill option or airfryer option with 210C/400F. If the airfryer is preheated, then you need 2 minutes with the grill option and 3-4 minutes in the air fryer option.
- Serve hot with strawberry preserve, cream cheese or eat as is.