Chilli cheese toast sandwich recipe is a great snack.It is a wonderful recipe which reminds me of my childhood.
What is chilli cheese toast?
Good old days when we were kids.Those days,oven was not common.We would see patties and cheesy toast at our local bakery and wonder when we could have those.It was a mini bread pizza when we didn't know what a pizza was an that chilli also stood for capsicums!
Kids today are so aware of global cuisine.Sometimes I envy their knowledge at this age.This is a protein packed recipe.It is a great way of feeding picky kids veggies.Grate some cheese on top and make them finish it.Cheese toast
Yes, they will still try to leave out veggies!
Well, we gotta ensure this doesn't happen.Loads of kids mimic parents too.If they see us avoid eating some type of food,they will find a way of taking it as an example.If we do not change,then we have a pesky tyke who will definitely show us a strong disagreement to the food served.Eating out is good once in a while but big corporations do not think of being healthy.Most parents want kids to eat healthy and on time.
Seriously, kids improve habits of parents big time!
How to make cheese toast?
It is a great recipe if someone is coming home.Great for any party.
You can also make cheese toast on pan.Garlic cheese toast on pan is wonderful with some soup.Otherwise,making cheese toast in oven is a wonderful option.
Needs less baking as you can get any basic bread for the toast.Put any type of mixed veggie and a great variation is ready.
You can even sneak in some chopped baby spinach if you have a picky kid.
No one can refuse a hot cheesy cheese toast.
Read Chilli cheese toast sandwich recipe
Chilli cheese toast
- 6-8 Brown bread slices/wholewheat bread
- ½ cup mixed bell peppers red yellow green capsicums chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
- salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or oil spray.
- Mix peppers,onions,corn kernels in a bowl.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet/tray.
- Use an oil spray on the bread or brush the bread with 1 tbsp oil.
- Place the mixed veggies on the bread ,add cheese on top
- You may add chilli flakes if you like it extra spicy.
- Preheat the oven for 5-10 mins at 160 deg C.
- Place the bread slices in the oven.
- Bake for 15 mins until sides are roasted and cheese melts.
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.