Golden brown garlic bread, who doesn't love it? It is much more than just easy side dish which comes along with pizza. Making homemade garlic bread is not so difficult. It is a simple recipe which goes well with a big bowl of tomato soup or pasta dishes too. Air fryer garlic bread gives you the same experience at home, as a restaurant one. Whether it is a freezer garlic bread slices ,cheesy or fresh ones. Learn to make this quick snack three ways.
I love making frozen garlic bread in air fryer too but frozen ones comes with its own serving of fat. Definitely, it is a life saver, when you are too tired to cook. I love the ones Costco sells. You can also make your own frozen garlic bread at home which will have no preservatives and butter can be adjusted as per choice. I love the idea of grating cheese myself too. It is so satisfying. I do end up eating a handful, like my kiddo. Cheesy one is a delicious garlic bread too Thus it is welcome either way!
This dish brings back memories from Mumbai where we had countless trips to Pizza hut, with my bestie, post shopping. Those were the days when we were young and free! Even with countless responsibilities now, we can still enjoy this little treat and still relive the memories.
Benefits of garlic
- It is good for your heart.
- It increases metabolism and helps you with weight-loss.
- Supports liver health.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
Garlic powder is processed so it may not be as good as the raw one. However, it is easier to cook with. Generally, 1 clove of garlic is equivalent to ⅛th teaspoon of garlic powder. You can use minced raw garlic if you like.
- Air fryer
- Frozen garlic bread or
- For homemade garlic bread
- demi baguette slices or any other thick slices of bread
- For butter mixture
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic powder/fresh garlic
- Fresh herb like dill/parsley
- Softened Butter (at room temperature)
refer to recipe card for details.
Frozen garlic bread in airfryer
If you are not using commercial store bought frozen garlic bread. Use the below steps to learn how to bake frozen garlic bread at home.
To make this frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, freeze the bread after applying the garlic butter and herb mix in a tray after covering with a parchment paper, plastic wrap or cling film.
Pre heat the air fryer at 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer tray. Cook the bread slices for 5-7 minutes at 190 deg C/375 degrees F . Adjust the cooking time w.r.t to the crispiness of the bread you like.
Pre heat the airfryer at 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Cook the bread slices for 6-7 minutes at 190C/375F .
Adjust the cooking time w.r.t to the crispiness of the bread you like.
How to make air fryer garlic bread with butter?
Mix salt, garlic and soft butter.
Mix them evenly with a fork
Cut the bread rolls lengthwise.
Spread the mix top of the bread slices
Pre heat the airfryer at 180C/355F for 5 minutes. Cook the bread slices for 7-8 minutes at 1180C/355F . Adjust the cooking time w.r.t to the crispiness of the bread you like.
How to make Air fried cheesy garlic bread?
4-5 demi baguette slices or any other bread slices
Grated cheese (Cheddar / Gouda/ Monterrey Jack / )
Salt as per taste
- Mix oregano with garlic powder, oil and salt with grated cheese. (Some varieties of cheese might be salty inherently, so adjust salt accordingly.)
2. Layer the thick baguette slices in the air fryer crisping tray or basket without overlap.
3. Garnish it with herb & cheese.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 190 deg C or 375 F for 5 mins.Air fry for 3-4 mins at 190 deg C or 375 F.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Top tip: Always preheat your air fryer for 3-4 minutes minimum.
- You can use other cheese like parmesan cheese, edam, gouda and Monterrey jack.
- You can also make own garlic bread on a cast iron pan or in oven, if you don't own an air fryer.
- If you want to make it in fan-forced oven, it generally takes 30% time longer than air fryer.
- If you want to make it over stove. Heat a cast iron pan. Place the slices of garlic bread and cover it. Cook on a medium heat for around 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Another great way u can also make this, is with fresh garlic chives. Easy way either way!
If you are vegan, you may use vegan butter or olive oil instead of dairy based butter. You can also garnish it with grated cheese on top optionally. Add chopped onions, capsicums, jalapenos as a variation.
Store it in an airtight container in refrigerator for 1-2 days. You need to air fry for couple of mins before you serve.
Air fryer garlic bread recipe | Air fried cheesy garlic bread
- Spoon for mixing herbs
- Grater if using block of cheese
Garlic bread in the air fryer
- 4 hamburger rolls or any loaf of bread cut in thick slices
- 4 tablespoon butter soft butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb like dill,parsely optional
- 6-7 garlic cloves fresh or roasted
- Salt as per taste
air fryer cheesy garlic bread
- ½ cup grated cheese Cheddar / Gouda / Monterrey jack/ Edam
- ½ tbsp. oregano flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder or fresh garlic chives. Replace ½ teaspoon garlic powder with ¼ garlic chives
- 1 teaspoon olive oir or any other oil
- 1 demi baguette or any other bread slice
- salt as per taste add minimal salt as per the sodium in the cheese.
For air fried garlic bread with butter
- Mix salt and garlic with soft butter
- Mix them evenly with a fork
- Spread the mix on the bread slices
- Pre heat the airfryer at 180C/355F for 5 minutes. Cook the bread slices for 7-8 minutes at 180C/355F . Adjust the cooking time w.r.t to the crispiness of the bread you like.
For air fryer garlic bread with cheese
- Preheat the air fryer at 190 deg C or 375 F for 5 mins.
- Mix oregano.garlic powder,oil and salt with grated cheese.
- Layer the thick baguette slices in the air fryer basket without overlap.
- Garnish it with herb cheese.
- Air fry for 3-4 mins at 190 deg C or 375 F.
- Serve immediately.
air fryer frozen garlic bread
- To make this frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, you may freeze the bread after applying the butter and herb mix.
- Pre heat the airfryer at 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Cook the bread slices for 6-7 minutes at 190C/375F . Adjust the cooking time w.r.t to the crispiness of the bread you like
Usually up to 3 days in a refrigerator.
It stems from bruschetta can be traced back to 15th century.
It increases metabolism. Just be careful about the cheese though 🙂
In a pre heated airfryer, it just takes 4-5 minutes.You can cook more if you prefer crispier garlic bread
The frozen garlic bread takes 2 more minutes, i.e. 6-7 minutes in a preheated air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes. Place the slices and reheat for 2-3 minutes at 190C |375F.
We make Texas toast by spreading garlic butter on both sides of bread and grilling it until it is a light golden brown. The toast may include cheese on one or both sides, and make it similar to an open-faced grilled cheese sandwich.Thickness of toast is twice the normal bread.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove