Grilled Tomato Basil soup is a super yum recipe. Most people prefer tomato soup when ordering at a hotel. It is easy simple and yum. Serves as a great appetizer. However , restaurants use a lot of corn flour. This thickens the soup. Sometimes they just add sauce to water and some corn flour. Thereby ripping the customer.
You can get that restaurant style soup at home. Whether you make the classic one or try this recipe. Grilled Tomato Basil soup takes normal one to a new height. The flavor increases and tartness just bursts into your mouth. It is kid friendly, vegan and gluten-free. Hence, an all inclusive appetizer.
Add some pizza or cheese sticks or gluten-free crackers.
There, simple stuff and you have a winning combination.
Childhood and love for tomato soup
This tomato soup brings back so many memories.
I adore my mum for making everything at home. From a sauce to a soup at home. Jam to pickles. Everything was made fresh in spite of working long hours too. Occasionally, She would add all veggies and give it a boil. It was best way to use left over veggies before you went shopping too. Fridge empty and tummy full. You could name any veggie and it would be in that soup. Pressure cooking and blending we got all veggies in our diet. My sister was a picky eater and this was the only way she would have veggies. Now she uses the same technique with her toddler. Mum always find a way. I am sure you would remember your mum when you read this post.
Motherhood means never giving up! Now as a mum myself, I know how hard it is. Shout out to all super mum and dads who give it their all!
- Half the tomatoes. Grill them in an oven for 30 mins along with garlic cloves basil and carrots after drizzling olive oil.
2. Let it cool.
3. Add water to the grilled tomatoes and blend.
4. Strain and heat the soup to serve. Serve it with garlic bread or sandwiches.
Read the grilled tomato basil soup recipe below
Grilled Tomato Basil soup
- 700-800 gms tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- salt and pepper as per taste
- Cut the tomatoes into half.
- In a baking tray,place the tomatoes and garlic cloves and drizzle olive oil on it.
- Grill the tomatoes for 30 mins. Let it cool.
- Blend it with basil leaves until smooth puree.
- Strain the soup to remove the seeds.
- Heat the soup and add pepper to it.
- Serve it hot with garlic bread or a bowl of pasta.
Pair it with any bread recipes for a good meal
Click here to see more soup recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.