Aloo capsicum is an easy curry. Potato and capsicum is a match made in heaven. Capsicum or peppers as the American do is easy to cook. If you love your peppers, you will enjoy making it in air fryer too. Weeknight meals are tough. This is an easy answer.
You can have a bowl of yellow lentils along with it. It is perfect for simple dinner. If you are a vegetarian, you may serve a bowl of yogurt along with it.
Benefit of peppers
- Peppers are great for vitamin C and help increase immunity.
- It is a good source of Vitamin B1, B2, K and E.
- Antioxidants are good to help fight diseases like cancer.
- It is good for gut health.
- Helps improve your heart and eye health too.
- mixing bowl
- air fryer
- green pepper / green capsicum
- ginger-garlic powder/ chopped
- onion powder
- curry powder
- salt as per taste
- Soak potato cubes in water.
2. Drain the water once you are ready to cook.Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil.
3. Preheat the air fryer for 10 mins at 200 C| 390 F and place the potatoes without overlap.
4. Air fry the potatoes for 12 mins . Mix once with a spatula.
- In a bowl, add onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, curry powder, salt and 2btsp. oil to make a curry paste and mix it with a spoon. Now, add chopped green peppers and semi - air fried potatoes to the curry paste.
- Mix well.
- Place in the air fryer basket .
- Air fry for 10 minutes for 200 deg C| 390 F. Serve warm
- You may replace the spice mix with spices of your choice like turmeric powder,coriander powder,amchur(dry mango powder) etc.
- If you do not have green pepper, use red or yellow to make the same recipe or both.
- Store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days in air tight container.
air fryer aloo capsicum | air fried roasted peppers and potatoes
- Mixing bowl
- 2 medium potatoes diced and soaked in water for 10 mins.
- 2 medium peppers / green capsicum chopped
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder optional
- salt as per taste
- Soak potato cubes in water. Drain the water once you are ready to cook.
- Preheat the air fryer for 10 mins at 200 C| 390 F. Air fry the potatoes for 12 mins after drizzling 1 tbsp. oil on it.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp. oil along with ½ tbsp. paprika and ½ tbsp. curry powder. Add a tablespoon of onion & garlic powder to make a curry paste. (Or add 1 tbsp. chopped garlic). Mix once with a spatula to make a curry paste.
- Now, add chopped green peppers and semi cooked potatoes to the curry paste. Mix well.
- Air fry for 10 minutes for 200 deg C| 390 F.
- Serve hot with roti or bread.
Yes it helps prevent liver damage.
You can use red or yellow pepper if you do not have green. Other variants that can be used are Poblano pepper, Anaheim pepper, banana pepper and Cubanalle pepper. Cooking time may vary.