Hummus is a simple dip which is pretty versatile. If you love protein rich diet, this is one recipe which does not let you down. You can make it real fast (once you soak overnight) or instantly if you use a can. It is easy to use and feels light. It has goodness of olive oil and sesame seeds in its tahini paste. Grilled capsicum hummus is a super dip.
All you need is some pita bread, salad or whole wheat dinner rolls.
That's it and you are set. It is great for a picnic basket too.
Chickpeas is a must for vegans and vegetarians. Yummy!
You can avoid tahini if you are allergic to sesame.
It took me a long time to try this recipe. Much coaxing by my bestie .However, now there is just no looking back. I love it and this is my go to dip always. I love the richness of the dip. Adding grilled veggies is a great way to give it flavors.
Tastes great with even Tandoori roti. I can even eat it just as is.
Kids love it without you going for too many ingredients. You do not need to fall back on a high calorie cheese butter routines.
Great way to make them eat a salad.
In fact, anyone who hates eating a salad can start loving it. That of course includes me 🙂
Benefits of chickpeas
- Good source of protein.
- Improves bone health.
- Great source of fiber.
- Decreases the risk of heart disease as it lowers cholestrol.
Grilled capsicum hummus ingredients
Other variations of hummus,Replace grilled capsicum with
1. Steamed beetroot & pickled onions -This has a beautiful pink color.
2. Cooked spinach- Gives you a wonderful bright green color.
3. Grilled carrot and onions- Orangish hue.
read grilled capsicum hummus recipe below
Grilled Capsicum Hummus
- 3 cups boiled chickpeas
- 2 clove roasted garlic
- 1 small piece of roasted green chilli
- 1 roasted capsicum
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Roast capsicum,chilli garlic
- In a food processor mix all the ingredients. Process well until smooth.
- Add some more olive oil/lemon juice if required.
- Sieve to get a smooth texture.(optional)
- Store in a dry jar in refrigerator.
- Serve with cherry tomatoes,carrot & celery sticks,nacho chips or pita bread.
Looking for Mediterranean recipes? These go perfectly in the platter.
Click here to read more appetizer recipes.
Also,click here to see recipe videos from our Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".