Peppers or capsicums as we call them in Australia, are a family favorite. Peppers stuffed with spicy potato masala gives you a great side which can be eaten with roti. Traditionally this dry sabzi is quite famous in and around Rajasthan. Hence, it is very close to my MILs heart. She was the happiest when I made this for the first time in our kitchen. However, there is another recipe which is a family favorite. Air fryer mini peppers stuffed with cheese and potatoes. It is a delicious side dish and complements burrito bowls perfectly.
My bubba loves mini capsicums or mini peppers from market. Always insisting we buy them from Costco or farmer's market. Hence, I keep trying to use them in different recipes. They look colorful, are slightly sweet and perfect to eat raw. You can add them to pilafs, curries too. They bring life to pastas and look great as pizza toppings. Find out how to make this easy stuffed mini capsicum recipe.
My pepper story
Sometimes we tend to laugh over our ideas and inhibition. Eating capsicum or pepper. was one of mine. It is one of my favorite veggies now. I always laugh over it as I saw my kid love it. After all, kids learn from observation. How can I ask my bub to eat it, if I myself don't? This has only led to me widening my food profile whether its tofu or mushrooms, broccoli or chia seeds.
How can you add peppers to your diet?
Bell peppers are quite versatile. Eat them raw in salads, they are awesome in roasted vegetables. Chilli paneer, veg manchurian and tofu manchurian are incomplete without them. Cook them in curry, add it to fried rice or hakka noodles or as a pulao. I love having it in hummus, vegan pasta ,veg pizza and of course keto paneer tikka and pav bhaji . Did you ever have any inhibitions too? Have you grown over it? Do share why and how you did it?
Benefits of mini sweet peppers
- Great for vitamin C.
- Promotes eye health.
- Good for the heart.
- Helps prevents liver damage.
- steamer/ Instant pot/ Pressure cooker for boiling potatoes
- potato masher
- chopping board
- Potato (boiled & mashed)
- Garlic chives
- mini bell Peppers / capsicums
- Oil spray / olive oil
- Salt as per taste
How do you roast peppers in Ninja Foodi?
- Mix cheese with garlic chives, keep it aside
2. Peel and mash the potato, Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Slice the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds of all peppers. Brush peppers with olive oil or /spray oil on pepper halves.
4. Add the potato stuffing inside the pepper half.
5. Add the shredded cheese and chive mix on top. Preheat the air fryer for 10 mins. Place peppers in a tray or air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 190 degrees C | 375 degrees F for 6-7 mins.
You can also do a stuffing of vegan cheese instead of regular dairy cheese. You can also add besan or chickpea flour with or without potatoes. Dip them in besan and fry it to make mirchi vada or jalepano poppers. Another variation of mirchi bada is mirchi bhajji where we dip jalapenos or sweet capsicums in besan or chickpea flour batter and fry it.
- Use any color pepper to make this recipe. You can also stuff the pepper with peas and chenna/ paneer or ricotta cheese along with potatoes. You may use any cheese you like goat cheese, cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese. Use any seasoning like taco seasoning, Italian herbs, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- You can also make stuffed capsicum with green capsicum and spicy potatoes.
- You can also make stuffed bitter gourd i.e. karela, follow the recipe of stuffed karela.
Store the leftover roasted peppers in an airtight container.
Red pepper is the healthiest of all peppers when it comes to vitamin and antioxidant content.
Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin C. It also improves eye sight and immunity in long run.
Green capsicum is also called green bell pepper.
air fryer stuffed mini peppers | air fryer peppers recipe
- 1 cup Potatoes boiled & mashed
- 250 gm mini peppers 6-8 mini capsicums
- ½ cup grated cheese cheddar,gouda
- 1 tbsp. garlic chives
- oil spray /olive oil
- Salt & black pepper as per taste
- Mix cheese with garlic chives, keep it aside
- Peel and mash the boiled potato. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds of all peppers. Brush peppers with olive oil or /spray oil on pepper halves.
- Add the potato stuffing inside the pepper half.
- Add the shredded cheese and chive mix on top. Preheat the air fryer for 10 mins. Place peppers in a tray or air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 190 degrees C | 375 degrees F for 6-7 mins.
- Serve hot with vegan mayo or ketchup
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have a good ventilation when cooking on a stove.
Conclusion: bags of sweet mini peppers make the perfect appetizer for a game day when you add your choice of grated cheese on top of the peppers.