Air fryer mushroom burgers are perfect with any soup. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or omni, you will enjoy this black bean burger immensely. Serve it with your favorite burger buns. Brioche buns,hamburger buns ,if non vegan or sourdough burger buns both taste great with these delicious burger patty. Whether you like to add cheese slices or vegan mayo, this is one dish you will love to eat repeatedly. You can also make your own easy meal by serving delicious veggie burgers with homemade French fries , frozen Mccain fries or sweet potato fries.
Bonus, reduce your wrinkles and increase your vitamin D and B complex naturally. What is better than eating your vitamins naturally? Mushroom have their great health benefits and if you do not have an airfryer, you can make it in oven or pan too. Black beans are great for protein too. Enjoy good health with this veggie burger recipe. Delish!
Benefits of mushrooms
- They protect your brain as you age.
- Helps improve bone health.
- They are rich in B complex and a great source of vitamin D especially for vegans.
- They are a good source of potassium and helps reduce anxiety.
- It also helps boost your memory.
How to eat more mushrooms on a daily basis?
You can make a mushroom soup with wild rice or barley. If you like them as is, make air fryer mushrooms in a jiffy. You can also slice them. They are one of the favorite toppings in vegan spinach pasta , chilli cheese toast and veg pizza. Make a vegan mushroom kofta or add it to mixed veg curries like veg jalfrezi or chili if you are in mood for a curry. You can also pair it with air fryer asparagus or air fryer pattypan squash.
- can opener
- baking tray lined with baking sheet
- air fryer
- food processor / potato masher
- lentil flour
- black beans, canned
- chia seed, powdered
- ginger-garlic paste
- salt & paprika or red chili powder as per taste
- vegetable oil
refer to recipe card for details.
How to make air fry mushroom burger?
- Heat skillet over medium head and add oil and cook onions until pink.
2. Add mushrooms. Cook until they soften over medium heat.
3. Now add the salt, paprika and seasoning of your choice.
4. Allow the mushroom to cool and come at room temperature. Add cup of drained canned beans along with chia seed powder, lentil flour. Mix and cook until the black bean mixture thickens.
5. Grind it in a food processor for a minute.
6. Shape into patties and freeze it for 2-3 hours . You may oil your hands to shape these patties as the batter will be sticky. You can also freeze them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover them with cling film.
7. Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 190 deg C | 375 F.
Brush the patties with oil after placing them in an air-fryer basket. Air fry for 10-12 mins @ 190C | 375 F.
8. Brush oil again . Flip and air fry further for 4-5 mins @ 190C | 375 F.
Serve veggie burger patties hot with burger buns, lettuce, tomato slices, cucumber slices and fried onions.
Assemble the burger with buns and vegetables of your choice. Here we have served along with chopped purple cabbage.
- Use any seasoning of your choice like Sriracha, Cajun, Moroccan, Mexican taco or even garam masala. Adjust the heat and spice according to your taste.
- Arrange the burger as per your choice layering onion, tomato in between the bun slices. You may add cheese and mayo if you like. Other veggies you can use are chopped purple cabbage or romaine lettuce.
You can use bread crumbs instead of chia seed meal as a binding agent. You may add some black pepper if your like it spicy. Alternatively, you can make a white bean burger by using canned white beans.
Store the cooked patties in an air tight container for 1-2 days in refrigerator.
You can alternatively freeze the uncooked patties in the freezer to be cooked at at later point in time. If they are completely frozen, increase the cook time by an additional 5 minutes.
Always reheat your left-overs.
mushroom burger recipe| vegan black bean mushroom burger recipe
- can opener
- In a pan, heat oil and cook onions until pink.
- Add mushrooms along with salt, paprika and seasoning. Cook until they soften.
- Allow the mushroom to cool and come at room temperature.
- Add cup of canned beans along with chia seed powder, lentil flour .
- Grind it in a food processor for a minute.
- Shape into patties and freeze it for 2-3 hours . You may oil your hands to shape these patties as the batter will be sticky.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 190 deg C | 375 F.
- Brush the patties with oil. Place the black bean patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10-12 mins.
- Brush oil again . Flip and air fry further for 4-5 mins.
- Assemble the burger with buns,lettuce,cucumber slices,tomato slices and fried onions.
- Alternatively, you can also cook the patties on a cast iron griddle with little oil.
Always preheat your air-fryer.
Button mushrooms, Shiitake mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms, King oyster mushrooms and clamshell mushrooms are most common ones which are used in cooking.
You must consume within 2 days. Always reheat your leftovers.
Conclusion: homemade black bean burger recipe is a healthier alternative to meat based traditional beef burgers or turkey burgers.Vegan burgers can actually give them a great competition whether you like to make them in an air fryer or cook it by deep frying.