Vegan burgers are quite a trend these days. Bonus points if they are gluten-free. Most of the west is now moving towards vegan and plant based lifestyle. This is a meaty burger patties without the meat. Good for health and gut too. C Beetroot burgers will not disappoint you. Plus it is air-fried! Low oil and great in taste! I feel beet patty is always better than a beef patty.
Beetroot tikki is a great way to consume beets. They look colorful and have a crisp exterior with the addition of buckwheat flour and quinoa. It is an easy meal to wind up the kitchen along with some soup in winters.
Benefits of beetroot cutlet
Beet cutlets are a great way to up your iron content too. Quinoa is rich in proteins and flax seeds are a great way to reduce cholesterol. It lowers blood pressure and improves gut health. If you love your salads, have a crunchy quinoa salad with the cutlet.
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- baking paper/ parchment paper
- oil spray/ brush
- You can use an air fryer to make this low oil beet tikki recipe. If you do not have an air fryer, use a cast iron pan to cook them on a medium flame until golden brown.
- Boiled beets
- Boiled quinoa
- Flaxseed meal
- Buckwheat flour
- Garam masala
- Oil for brushing
How to make beetroot cutlets without bread crumbs?
- Boil quinoa with 1 cup of water and strain it. Boil beets and mash it. Add quinoa to it.
- Add all spices, flaxseed meal to beetroot and mix well.
The mix does looks messy but it will be worth the patty!
Take a small amount of mix and make a smooth ball. Press it to make a patty or cutlet. Repeat for all the mix.Optionally allow the patties to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spray oil on the beetroot patties,air fry the patties for 15-17 mins at 200 degree C (preheated for 5 minutes) .Spray oil in between the cook.
Serve hot beet cutlets with or without burger buns, salad leaves.
Buckwheat flour or kuttu ka atta is usually consumed during Navratri /saavan fasting but what will you do after the fasting period ends and you got some left? Usually, people do not consume it and it goes into the waste bin. Use this versatile flour to make crepes and crisp patties. Adding buckwheat flour and quinoa ensures this beetroot cutlets recipe remains vegan and gluten-free.
You can also add sweet potato or potatoes to make different variations of this patty.
If you do not have quinoa and buckwheat flour at home, you may use breadcrumbs. However that is not gluten-free.
- If you want you may add Indian spices to the air fryer cutlet . Add dry mango powder(amchur), coriander powder, cumin powder or chaat masala to increase the spicy flavor as per your choice. Add some finely chopped coriander leaves and red chilli powder if you want.
- Always serve beetroot cutlet hot with some tomato ketchup or mint chutney for a snack.
- Club these beetroot cutlets with a choice of bread you like burger buns. Add lettuce, onions, vegan cheese, vegan mayo or mint chutney for a good lunch.
- Serve them as a salad, with salad leaves, baby spinach, onions, cherry tomatoes.
Store these healthy beetroot cutlets in a tray and wrap it with a cling film. You can then freeze it for later. Air fry it whenever you wish to serve. Cooked air fried patties can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Preheat the air fryer and reheat your air fried cutlets whenever you want to eat.
- Preheat the air fryer always for 3-5 minutes before you cook in it.
- You must always remove the food bits cooked earlier before using it next time.
- Freezing cutlets for 2-3 hours before you air fry will make them extra crisp.
- You can also shape them as hearts, smilies or stars, by using cookie cutters.
Have them raw as a salad or juice. You may make a south Indian beetroot poriyal or a yummy beetroot biryani if you want to have it in main course. You can also add it to some gajar ka halwa and pav bhaji.
Skin comes out much easily when they are cooked. It is always easier to steam them or boil them before you use.
Good for folates and helps reduce risk of heart disease and stroke. They help increase your hemoglobin. Helps in weight loss and also detox liver.
Yes it helps relieve gas and constipation issues. It is a great source of prebiotic fiber.
What can you make in air fryer?
I love making snacks in my air fryer. It is low in calories as you need more oil. Cleaning is hassle-free and stuff cooks fast. Food needs less supervision while snacks are in this magic gadget. Below are some interesting street food recipes you can try.
Beetroot cutlets recipe | air fryer beet tikki
- baking tray
- baking paper / parchment paper
- oil spray
- Mixing bowl
- 2 Beetroots boiled
- ¾ cup quinoa boiled and strained
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- ½ cup buckwheat flour/kuttu ka atta
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for brushing
- Boil quinoa with 1 cup of water and strain it. Keep it aside.
- Boil beetroots and mash it.
- Add all spices, quinoa, flaxseed meal to beetroot and mix well.
- Take a small amount of mix and make a smooth ball. Press it to make a patty or cutlet. Repeat for all the mix.
- Optionally allow the patties to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Spray oil on the patties, air fry the patties for 15-17 mins at 200 deg C | 390 deg F (pre heated for 5 minutes ). Spray oil in between the cook.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Always keep the kitchen well ventilated while cooking in a kitchen.