Homemade energy bar or homemade protein bars are a great alternative to commercial ones.This is a simple treat to make and resembles chikki in some sense.Energy bar recipe does just what it says,energizes you.Power bar recipe ensures you are powered up in few bites.Healthy breakfast bars help you have brekkie when there is no time.Healthy oatmeal bars is a great way to have bland oats.
You can make it using anything you like.Different ingredients can make different variations.
Roasted oats,muesli,sliced nuts. Use chopped walnuts,almonds,pistachios, cashews.
Sweetness can be brought in from honey,dates and even jaggery.You can also use raw sugar if you are stuck at home without jaggery or dates for the vegan replacement of honey.
This is a cheaper alternative to the various bars available in market.
Also,it has no additional sugar or preservatives.
You can prepare this easily on a weekend and store it on room temperature in individual packs.Eat a small bite when you like to pep up your energy.
Homemade protein bars are full of nutrients and serves as a good breakfast or snack.
Thus, addressing the needs of all growing children and busy professionals.
Chopping nuts fine helps even a toddler have nuts in small quantities if they are not allergic to it.
How to make energy bars?Scroll below.
Energy bar ingredients
Step-by-step energy bar recipe
For watching the video click here:
Read the recipe of homemade energy bar:
Homemade energy bar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dryfruits almonds,walnuts
- 1/3 cup seeds pumpkin,sunflower,sesame
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raisins dried berries
- 2-3 tbsp butter/vegan butter/oil
- 6-7 dates chopped.
- Dry roast seeds(pumpkin,sunflower,sesame) for 10 minutes ,keep aside
- Dry roast the dry fruits
- Dry roast roast oats for 10 minutes,keep aside.Chop them into smaller pieces when cooled.
- Heat Oil/butter in a non-stick pan,add dates and cook for few minutes.
- Add honey and let it come to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients and mix all ingredients.
- Turn off the heat and shift the contents to a tray lined with baking paper
- Make incisions in the shape of bars.
- Allow to set and cut in pieces.
- Pack them separately, so that they do not stick together.
- Store them in a box at room tempreture.
For more oat recipes click here.
Finally, to see more videos click here