Til gulab barfi - sesame fudge is a great way to use some left over mawa or rabri. You can mix this with some sesame seeds and edible rose petals to enhance the til mawa barfi to the next level. Khoya Barfi is synonymous with most Indian festivals.You can also mould it into a til mawa ke laddu if kids like it that way.Sesame burfi is easy way to add the Vitamin E to it.
Makar Sankranti is celebrated in month of Magha.It is also known as Lohri in the North, Pongal in Tamil Nadu or Uttarayan in Gujarat. We worship the SUN for his power to give us life.It is festival synonymous with use of Sesame seeds.It signifies the end of winter and the northward movement of Sun for spring.People pray for a good harvest.They bathe with sesame seed oil as it is suppose to be a powerhouse of vitamin E and anti-oxidants.Various types of chikki ,revadi and Til laddoo are made for this festival.It marks the change of direction of sun.
Sesame seeds and Nutrition Benefits
- Sesame seeds are a powerhouse of proteins and fibre.
- Adding sesame to your diet always helps your heart.It lowers bp & reduces inflammation.
- It also improves respiratory health.
- Eliminates depression and reduce stress.
- It also protects against radiation.
- Helps improves metabolism and also increases bone health.
Scroll below to read the Til Mawa barfi - sesame fudge recipe
Click here to see more sweet recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".