Chocolate is a versatile sweet.You can never go wrong with it.Everyone loves a good bite.Be it anniversary,birthday or just a bad day.A good piece of chocolate can make your day.You may be stuck in traffic or just a be a busy bee all day.Little bit of sugary treat can make your day.It gives you that instant chocolate rush and peps your low spirits.Nutty chocolate bites are crunchy and decadent.Add some sprinkles on top to make it more appetizing.
It is a great party recipe.Be it Diwali or Halloween.
You can make this a day or two earlier.However,I must tell you they are very hard to resist.
Variations to these truffles
You can use nuts of your choice.
Be it cashews,macadamia,peanuts, pine or hazelnuts
Here, we have used almonds,raisins and walnuts.These are very commonly available in every kitchen.
Most people are not allergic to them too.If you deal with allergies,you may use anything else.You may add some biscuit or coconut to them.
Another great variation, is adding coffee to the flavor.
However,all that is for another day.
Let's enjoy these truffles for now.
Scroll below to read the recipe of nutty chocolate bites
Nutty chocolate bites
- 1-½ cup cooking chocolate
- ½ cup cooking cream
- ¼ cup of chopped dry fruits each almonds, walnuts, raisins
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cake sprinkles optional
- Dry roast almonds and walnuts in a pan for a few minutes. Add raisins and let it roast for a couple of minutes.Keep it aside
- Add the chocolate and ¼ cup cream to the double boiler. Stir continuously until it melts and gets a smooth consistency. Alternatively, you may cook the cream and chocolate in the microwave for 10 seconds. Mix it with a spatula and then again cook for 10 seconds. Repeat this process until the chocolate has melted.
- In any silicon mini muffin tray, pour the melted chocolate until it fills half of the mould.
- Add a spoonful of roasted nuts.
- Fill the mould on top by pouring melted chocolate.
- Let it set into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Once it sets, you can remove it easily from the tray.
- Add the remaining cream and milk to left over chocolate, make it of pouring consistency.
- Spread the chocolate bites on a grill, pour the melted chocolate on top. This makes it decadent and extra yum.
- You may decorate with some cake sprinkles and let it cool for few hours in the refrigerator. Serve it once ready.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.