I love making cupcakes. My son adores cupcakes and is an avid baker too. We both have a sweet tooth and it is a way we bond as a family too. I am allergic to egg so we try to use different flours and eggless combinations. Vegan banana oat muffins are one of our favorite cupcake varieties as they are non -creamy. We love garnishing it with different toppings like seeds, trail mix, nuts and coconut slices when not using choco-chips.
These muffins are perfectly soft too. Our experiments finally resulted in a recipe we could put on our site for all of you to try. I love making the eggless gluten-free muffins too. They can also be eaten during vrat (Indian fasting).
Other similar eggless recipes for cakes and muffins include Eggless banana walnut cake, Eggless blueberry cake ,Vegan airfryer muffins ,Tutti fruitti cake , Eggless chocolate walnut cake, Vegan chocolate muffin & Vegan Christmas cake .
- Plain flour
- Oats flour
- Raw sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Ripe bananas
- flax seed meal (with ½ cup water, kept aside for 10 mins)
- oat milk
- baking powder;
- baking soda
- trail mix (chopped almonds, sunflower seeds,pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes)
See recipe card for quantities.
Follow the below steps below
- Mash the overripe bananas with a fork or in a stand mixer .
2. Add powdered raw sugar to the the mixing bowl.
3. Now add oil and flax seed meal to bananas,mix it well.
4. Add the oat milk to the batter
5. Sift the flour with baking soda and oat meal
6. Now add the flour and mix it with a whisk or spatula (Do not over mix it)
7. Pour the batter in cupcake liners and give it a tap to remove any air bubbles.
8. Garnish with trail mix,cook in a preheated(10 minutes) oven for 25 minutes at 170C / 340F or until the toothpick comes out clean
Vegan banana oats muffins | vegan banana cupcake recipe
- stand mixer or use a whisk/spatula
- oven or air fryer
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¾ cup oats flour Grind rolled oats at home
- ½ cup raw sugar powdered
- ½ cup Rice bran oil or any vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal with ½ cup water,kept aside for 10 mins
- ⅓ cup oat milk
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium bananas sweet and ripe
- ½ cup trail mix chopped almonds, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, dried coconut flakes
How to make vegan banana oatmeal muffins ?
- Mash the overripe bananas with a fork or in a stand mixer.
- Add powdered raw sugar to the the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Now add oil and flax seed meal to bananas,mix it well.
- Add the oat milk to the batter
- Sift the flour with baking soda and oat meal
- Now add the flour and mix it with a whisk or spatula (Do not over mix it)
- Pour the batter in cupcake liners and give it a tap to remove any air bubbles.
- Garnish with trail mix,cook in a preheated(10 minutes) oven for 25 minutes at 170C / 340F or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Serve vegan oatmeal muffins along with some coffee or as is.
You can avoid nuts in trail mix and also garnish it with some dairy free choco-chips.
Add teaspoon of vanilla extract or cocoa powder for a variation. You can use any nut milk if you do not like oats.
- Stand mixer/ Hand-mixer
- Cupcake liners
- cupcake tray
- Air fryer/ oven
- Store this in an air-tight container for 3-4 days. Refrigerate if required as per current temperature in your city.
Always reheat before serving.
They can be made of plain flour, whole wheat or oats. We use gluten free flours like buckwheat for gluten free vegan muffins. Usually vegan butter or oil is used instead of butter. Flaxseed meal, over ripe bananas, apple sauce can be used instead of eggs.
No, not at all. There is no dearth of variety of foods you can eat on vegan diet. Many cuisines have dishes which are vegan like Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, Ethopian etc.