Atta ke laddoo or Pinni is a rich and tasty recipe. Oats laddu is our take on it.It is a low calorie Indian sweet and has nuts in it. Adding oats or jau to atta pinni, improves the nutrients too. We have made the below recipe with jaggery so it has no added sugar to it. However, you can make this with same amount of sugar too.This laddu is one of the easiest of recipes when you want to eat something sweet. It is sweet and yet healthy. Especially,Diwali is a time when we gorge on sweets. However, we feel guilty about eating too many of them.This is a unique way of having jau. It is great even during travel and full of nutrients.
Types of laddu
There are so many laddu recipes in India.Boondi laddu and Motichur laddu which is served during weddings.Besan ladoo,Kobbari or coconut laddu with shredded coconut and jaggery served during Ganesh Chaturthi.Then there are some sweets which are region specific.Kale boondi ke laddu is a special laddoo which is made only in Jodhpur,Rajasthan and so is Tirupati ladoo which belongs to Andhra Pradesh. There is a special murmura laddu and sesame or til laddu made for Sankranti.Rava laddu is a special for all Pooja ceremonies down South while atta laddu is mandatory post pregnancy
- Powdered oats
- Dry fruits
- Desiccated coconut
- Powdered jaggery/palm sugar/sugar
- Heat a pan and dry roast oats flour for 10 minutes on low flame or until rawness disappears. Keep stirring to avoid burning the flour.
2. Add ghee to it and mix well.
3. Add the dry fruits and desiccated coconut.
4. Turn off the heat.,add powdered jaggery or sugar .
5. Mix it well for few minutes.
6. Make equal sized laddoo or balls out of it before the mixture cools.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Read the Oats laddu recipe below:
Oats laddoo/Oats Pinni
- 2 cup oats powdered using a mixer
- ½ cup ghee
- ¾ cup dry fruits
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup powdered jaggery/palm sugar/raw sugar
- Heat a pan and dry roast oats flour for 10 minutes on low flame or until rawness disappears.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning the flour.
- Add ghee to it along with dry fruits and desiccated coconut.
- Mix it well for few minutes,turn off the heat.
- Add powdered sugar or jaggery and mix it well.
- Make equal sized laddoo or balls out of it before the mixture cools.
- Store in an airtight container.
Looking for more ladoo recipes? look no further.
- atta ladoo
- Til ke laddoo
- Besan ladoo
- Rava ladoo
- Sattu laddu
- Kale boondi ke laddu
- Murmura laddu/puffed rice ladoo
For more oats recipes click on below links
Click here to read more sweet recipes.
Click here to see more recipe videos from our channel Secondrecipe.