Pizza is one of the most loved recipes. The moment your mouth says pizza, it means happiness, excitement and a celebration.Be it dinner or lunch! You may be vegan or gluten-free. Old or young. Vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Everyone loves it. It is easy option when you have guests coming over who are picky eaters.Homemade vegetarian pizza is our way of bringing Italian diner place home. Whether you have an oven or like to make air fryer recipes.There is nothing better than sight of a beautiful pizza crust. Cheese melted and oozing out, when you pick up a slice. All your stress disappears in a minute. Pure bliss!
It is strange.
A rectangular box comes with a round pizza. Triangle slices fill your heart with happiness. Much like life, it surprises you.No wonder a pizza night is special
- How is this healthy recipe ?
- How to make good pizzas?
- Step by step pictures to make the pizza dough
- How to make sauce?
- How to air fry pizza?
- How to make pizza in the oven ?
- Airfryer pizza recipe
- Want to try an Italian soup?
- related links
- Top tips
- How to reheat pizza in an air fryer?
How is this healthy recipe ?
This is a healthy version. We have added whole wheat flour and flax seeds to the base. It still does contain some plain flour though. Adding flax seeds to plain flour along with whole meal gives it a fiber content almost equal to a full whole wheat one. Flax seeds have no flavor but they do add much nutrition to the meal.
How to make good pizzas?
Any good meal means nailing those mini steps inside it perfectly. It essentially has 3 parts.
You can make it in many ways. It is always better to make it at home rather than ordering it from outside.After seeing my results of pizza in ninja foodi, I can definitely say it is infinitely times better than having a frozen pizza.Yes, you may feel process is longer, but the quality matters with every meal. You do not need any fancy equipment. You can even make it on a cast iron pan on your gas or induction. Can make it in a convection microwave or fan forced oven. These days you can make a homemade pizza in air fryer.
- pizza base
- flour(plain flour+ wholewheat flour)
- flax seeds with warm water optional
- yeast (water + sugar)
- Water to knead into soft dough
- sauce(homemade or can)
- Mixed veggies sliced(capsicum, olives, baby corn, mushrooms)
- Cheddar+ mozzarella cheese/ or pizza blend cheese
- Dried oregano flakes
- Olive oil
- Stand mixer
- Fan forced oven/ Air fryer
- pizza cutter
Step by step pictures to make the pizza dough
- Add sugar to lukewarm water, mix until it dissolves. Now, add the yeast to sugar water, so that it activates. This will make the mix frothy. It usually takes 15 minutes.
2. Mix the flax seed meal with ½ cup water. Keep it aside. (optional, the addition of flax seeds is to boost the nutritional value of the dough and it also helps with the texture.)
3. Add this yeast and flax seed mix to the flour along with salt. Knead the dough, this will be sticky at the start. Add oil to it and continue kneading.
4. Cover the dough and keep it aside to rise.
5. The dough will rise after 45 minutes-1 hour.(I wish it took less time, but good things come to those who wait!)
6. Make equal portions. Keep them in a floured tray. Cover with a plastic film. Keep it in fridge for 2-3 hours.
How to make sauce?
- In a pan, heat oil and add chopped 1 medium onion,some cloves of garlic to it. Cook until translucent. Add a can of tomatoes along with salt and basil. Keep it aside once done. You can make a batch whenever you have excess tomatoes at home. Store it in refrigerator or freezer as per your convenience.
How to air fry pizza?
- Take a portion of dough. Roll into a round flat base on crisping tray for the air fryer, or you can do it on a baking sheet or parchment paper.Move it to the air fryer basket.
2. Spread the tomato paste on the base.
3.Cook the base in air fryer (pre heated) for 7 minutes at 200C . Spray oil once in between.
4. Once its cooked,add the cheese and toppings and continue cooking pizza in air fryer for 7-8 minutes.
Garnish with fried oregano leaves, serve fresh.
How to make pizza in the oven ?
- Take a portion of dough. Roll into a round flat base on a baking sheet.
2. Spread the tomato paste and sprinkle cheese on the top generously.
3. Spread the veggies and then cheese again on top. (The more the merrier!). Cook in a preheated oven at 200 degree C (fan forced) for 10-12 minutes.
4. Once cooked, season with dried oregano, basil leaves before serving
Read the recipe below
Airfryer pizza recipe
- fan forced oven with pizza stone/ cast iron pan
- Pizza Cutter
- stand mixer optionally for kneading
- 2.5 cups flour 1-¼th cup plain flour and 1-¼th cup wholewheat flour
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds with 125 ml/1/2 cup warm water optional
- 2-½ teaspoon dry yeast with ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon sugar to activate the yeast
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅓ cup+ more water to knead into soft dough more water if not using flax seeds
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoon Pizza sauce 2 tablespoon per pizza
- 3 cups Mix veggies sliced(capsicum,olives,baby corn,mushrooms)
- 1 ½ cup cheese ¾ cup cheddar, ¾ cup mozerrala or pizza blend cheese
- Dried oregano flakes
- 2-3 teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt to season
- Mix the flax seed meal with 1 cup water and keep it aside.
- Add sugar to lukewarm water, mix until it dissolves. Add yeast to sugar water, so that it activates. This will make the mix frothy and activate in 15 minutes.
- Add this yeast and flax seed mix to the flour with salt.
- Start mixing the dough while adding the remaining water.The dough needs to be a little wet and sticky, this will help the buns to rise and come out with a soft texture.
- Knead the dough, this will be sticky at the start, Add oil to remaining ingredients. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to rise.
- Once it has doubled, punch it down and knead it again.
- Divide the flour in 6/8 equal portions, give them a round shape using oiled hands,and arrange them in an floured baking tray with some space in between the portions.
- Cover with a cling film and keep them in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
How to make air fryer pizzas?
- Take a portion of dough. Roll into a round flat base on crisping tray for the air fryer, or you can do it on a baking sheet and move it to the air fryer basket.
- Spread the tomato paste on the base.
- Cook the base in air fryer (pre heated) for 7 minutes at 200C . Spray oil once in between.
- Once its cooked, add the cheese and toppings.
- Season with salt and olive oil and further cooks for 7-8 minutes.
How to make it in oven?
- Preheat the oven for 15-20 minutes @200 degree celsius(fan forced) with the pizza stone
- Toss the veggies in 1 tablespoon olive oil and keep it aside.
- Punch down the dough while removing the air once it has risen up.
- On a baking sheet,take a portion of the dough.
- Spread the dough evenly with help of a rolling pin/hand to the size of pizza pan or tray.
- Try to create a crust on the edge and a thin layer in the center.
- Spread the sauce, followed by ¼ cup of cheese and veggies.
- Add remaining ¼ cup cheese on top ,season with salt and olive oil.
- Bake this on a fan forced/top&down grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Bake with the top grill for 3-4 minutes.
- It is ready when the cheese has tuned golden brown in patches.
if you do not have the stone, then use a full iron tava / pan(without any silicon/wooden handle) or any metallic tray suitable to oven. To get the molten cheese in between, spread a handful of mozzarella cheese in the center of the pizza and then cheddar on the top.
If you want to try a unique recipe Indian style. Try the Falhari pizza. This recipe is gluten-free and can be eaten during the vrat/fasting period.
Want to try an Italian soup?
Minestrone soup is a one pot meal in itself with pasta beans and loads of veggies. It provides enough hydration along with your favorite slice.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.
Check if water was too hot or cold.
If your yeast water is not frothy enough, then the yeast may be old. Ensure your yeast is not stale. Always check the expiry date. If you are not happy with the froth ensure you use a fresh batch. If yeast is not good, pizza will not get the right texture
I love adding olives, mushrooms, peppers, baby corn and onions on it. Spinach also tastes great on it. Although, I have seen Italian restaurants serve pumpkins potatoes and aubergines on a veg pizza too.
It is celebrated each year on 9th February.
- Grind flax seeds in advance and keep it in an air tight jar at room temperature. It stays for months.
- You can make the pizza sauce in advance and keep it in refrigerator. You can even add it to curries, pizza rolls and even add it to dal.
How to reheat pizza in an air fryer?
Reheating pizza in air fryer is an easy job too. Just preheat it at 200 deg C for 2 mins. Place the left over slices in it and air fry again for 2 mins. Now lets have the dinner for breakfast!