Homemade vegetarian pizza is our way of bringing Italian diner at home.Baking pizzas on stone gives it the golden crust.If you do not have a pizza stone at home,deep cast iron pan works just fine.
There is nothing better than a sight of beautiful crust and cheese oozing out.I love pizzerias but all white flour pizzas are no good for the gut.Hence,we keep trying various versions to make it healthier.
I love pizza.It is an easy way to have veggies.Use different veggie toppings on every half and enjoy different vegetarian pizza recipes.Vegetarian pizza toppings are a great way to include veggies in your diet.Be it baby corn,peppers olives and jalepano.
If you like to experiment add some broccoli,mushrooms,asparagus and zucchini.
`Some people also like pumpkin potatoes and eggplants on it too.
Kids love it and so do you.You can add as much or as little cheese as you want to have this yummy treat. This base is our second version of having pizza.We have added flaxseed meal to base that makes it healthier too.Cooking on pizza stone makes it a great base.Add veggies of your choice and hide it with cheese for picky kids.You can also try the gluten-free pizza if you would like to have a change.
You can also try the gluten-free pizza if you would like to have a change.
The recipe for the pizza base is same as that of the homemade buns.
You may make a bread/buns with remaining flour.
Scroll below to read Stone baked veggie pizza recipe
Stone baked vegetarian pizza
- 2.5 cups flour 1-¼th cup plain flour and 1-¼th cup wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds with 125 ml/1/2 cup warm water optional
- 2-½ tsp yeast in ½ cup water +½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅓ cup+ more water to knead into soft dough
- 1 tsp salt
- Pizza sauce
- Mix veggies sliced(capsicum,olives,baby corn,mushrooms)
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to season
- Mix the flax seed meal with 1 cup water and keep it aside.
- Add sugar to lukewarm water, mix until it dissolves. Add yeast to sugar water, so that it activates. This will make the mix frothy and activate in 15 minutes.
- Add this yeast and flax seed mix to the flour with salt.
- Start mixing the dough while adding the remaining water.The dough needs to be a little wet and sticky, this will help the buns to rise and come out with a soft texture.
- Knead the dough, this will be sticky at the start, Add oil to remaining ingredients. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to rise.
- Once it has doubled, punch it down and knead it again.
- Divide the flour in 6/8 equal portions, give them a round shape using oiled hands,and arrange them in an floured baking tray with some space in between the portions.
- Cover with a cling film and keep them in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven for 15-20 minutes @200 degree celsius with the pizza stone
- Toss the veggies in 1 tbsp olive oil and keep it aside.
- Punch down the dough while removing the air once it has risen up.
- On a baking sheet,take a portion of the dough.
- Spread the dough evenly with help of a rolling pin/hand to the size of pizza pan or tray.
- Try to create a crust on the edge and a thin layer in the center.
- Spread the pizza sauce, followed by cheddar cheese and veggies.
- Add mozarella cheese on top,season with salt and olive oil.
- Bake this on a fan forced/top&down grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Bake with the top grill for 3-4 minutes.
- The pizza is ready when the cheese has tuned golden brown in patches.
if you do not have the pizza stone, then use a full iron tava/pan(without any silicon/wooden handle) or any metallic tray suitable to oven. To get the molten cheese in between, spread a handlful of mozzarella cheese in the center of the pizza and then cheddar on the top
Click here to see more Italian recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos from our site "Secondrecipe'.