Air fryer cauliflower steak is a great side dish. It is perfect low carb recipe. I even enjoy pairing this cauliflower recipe with a simple dal fry and basmati rice when I am too lazy to chop the veggies. It is good to balance jacket potatoes along with your soup. Quite filling too.
Cauliflowers are versatile and gives us great recipes to make for starters and main course. You can just blanch them with hot water before you cook .If you love your florets, you will incorporate it in various dishes. Whether you like to go in for Keto diet or want a vegan one. It is perfect to make gluten-free pizzas or make an easy cauliflower rice. You can enjoy a nice air fryer gobi Manchurian as a starter if you are in mood for an Indian snack. Serve gobi aloo masala or air fry whole cauliflower for lunch. Add some florets to make a mixed veg korma curry for lunch. You can have a light cauliflower rice if gluten free. If vegan, finish an easy dinner with gobi paratha. Mediterranean style salad is perfect if you want something light for brunch.
Why is cauliflower steak called steak?
These thick cauliflower slices resemble slice of steak. They are perfect with Keto diet or when you need a low calorie sides. You can cook them vegan or make parmesan cauliflower steaks by grating parmesan cheese on it.
Benefits of cauliflower
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- It supports immune system.
- high in vitamins C and K.
- A good source of folate.
- Cholesterol free and fat free.
- Air fryer
- Pastry brush
- mixing bowl
- Seasoning mix (salt, curry powder, olive oil)
- Fresh garlic chives optional
How to make air fryer cauliflower steak?
- Wash and cut the cauliflower lengthwise on the cutting board, using a sharp knife. Usually you get 2-3 pieces depending on size of your cauliflower head. I cut them in a minimum 1-inch slices.
- In a small bowl, mix seasoning with olive oil. Using pastry brush apply the olive oil mixture on both sides of each cauliflower steak.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C/390 deg F for 5 mins. Air fry the cauliflower for 10 mins at 200C/390F after placing them in a tray or air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Apply remaining seasoning mix and garnish with garlic chives. Air fry cauliflower steaks for 5 more mins at 200C/390F
Note: thick cauliflower steaks should be fork tender when you cut them. If they still appear raw, air fry them further for 2-3 minutes.
Air fryer Cauliflower steak recipe | air fryer cauliflower steaks recipe
- pastry brush
- Wash and cut the cauliflower lengthwise. Usually you get 2-3 pieces depending on size of your vegetable. I cut them at least of 1 inch width.
- Mix oil with seasoning and salt.
- Using pastry brush apply the oil and seasoning mix on both sides of the cauliflower.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C/390F for 5 mins. Air fry the cauliflower for 10 mins at 200C/390F.
- Apply remaining seasoning mix and garnish with garlic chives. Air fry the cauliflower for 5 more mins at 200C/390F.
- You can substitute the spices as per your choice even simple onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper to make this delicious recipe. You can even add some Cajun seasoning or Moroccan spice, Garam masala or Sriracha if you have it handy.
- You can also make this recipe with florets if you do not like whole head of cauliflower. You can also make cheesy cauliflower steaks by grating little parmesan cheese on top.
- Store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days, in an airtight container. Re-heat your left overs for 3-4 minutes , before you serve.
Chef Ben Ford invented cauliflower version in 1998 as per Australian magazine.
It has a relatively mild flavor.
Yes, it aids weight loss as it is low in calories.