Candied pecans are a great snack but if you want to avoid the extra sugar, toasted pecans are just what you need. If you have not tasted them yet, you must. They are a little sweeter to walnuts and just taste so yum! I love using nuts in most recipes. Be it peanuts,chestnuts, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts. They add a special touch to whatever you are making. This easy recipe has a perfect crunch and a great nutty flavor. You do not need fall season to get these simple ingredients in the pantry.They are usually available in major stores like Costco all year round.
Roasting pecans in an air fryer is easy with or without additional oil. I just keep them handy. Eat it as a healthy snack on teatime. You can drizzle them with cayenne pepper or chili powder and sea salt for a salty snack. Add dark brown sugar / light brown sugar mixture or or add cinnamon sugar for a sweet version. You can even add toasted nuts to your carrot cake for the special bake in the holiday season. All of them are delicious recipes. Learn this easy air fryer pecans recipe for a tasty pick me up anytime!
Benefits of pecans
- They help lower cholesterol.
- Good source of potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- Aid weight loss as they are good source of fiber.
- Good source of vitamin E .
- They are anti-inflammatory.
- Air fryer or fan forced oven
How to roast pecans in air fryer?
Learn how to toast pecans in air fryer in easy method below.
- Take raw pecans in a bowl, add any salt/spice as per your taste. I prefer it without any salt/spices
2. Preheat the air fryer at 150 deg C | 300 deg F for 5-10 mins. Place them in a preheated air fryer basket in a single layer.Air fry pecans at 150 C |300 F for 10-12 mins.
You can optionally toast the nuts in olive oil or ghee. Candied pecans and also a salad with apples and nuts. Glazed pecans, buttered pecans, chocolate coated pecans, salted pecans are other dishes you can make. You can also make basil pesto with pecans. Cajun spiced pecans are also popular. Honey and vanilla extract also give a great flavor air fryer candied pecans, hence making it popular as a delicious snack for any party. You can also add sweet maple syrup and and ground cinnamon to glaze them if vegan. Store them in a mason jar at room temperature.Use them to make a delicious pecan pie later.
You can also roast them in an oven if roasting pecans in air fryer is not for you. You can make them in a skillet at a low flame too. Give younger kids pecan halves if whole pecan is too big for them.Just remember to store them later in airtight container. This easy air fryer recipe works with any nuts like walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts and Brazil nuts. Cook time may vary according to the nuts in the recipe.
Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
air fryer roasted pecans | air fryer pecans recipe
- 1 cup pecans groundnuts with skin
- Preheat the air fryer at 150 deg C | 300 deg F for 5-10 mins.
- Place the pecans in a preheated air fryer basket
- Air fry them at 150 C |300 F for 10-12 mins.
- Store in a clean dry air-tight container once cool.
Yes, here is a list of Indian air fryer recipes you can easily make in air fryer. Ninja foodi does a great job for us.
Pecans along with walnuts, almonds, peanuts,pine nuts, macadamia and sesame seeds are low fodmap.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation.